testicle transplants possible?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

gabe
    i'd think the testicles would be easy organs to transplant. if this could indeed be done, would the recipient make the donor's babies? hope this is okay. i really want to know.

User Detail :  

Name : gabe, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 31, City : hartford, State : CT Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

ShirleyAvery
    Participant
    I assume you're infertile. I've never heard of a testicular transplant. Like kidneys, each man has two, so it may be difficult, but not impossible to find a live donor. I don't know if there would be a problem with organ rejection or "rewiring", but I've never heard of the possiblity. Sounds like the basis of an interesting medical-legal thriller, though. Have you asked a doctor about this? Just Curious

User Detail :  

Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Dot
    Participant
    The tubes and such that connect them are incredibly complex. Transplantation would be very difficult. Easier certainly to to an IUI procedure (artificial insemination) with donor sperm.

User Detail :  

Name : Dot, Gender : Female, Age : none, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.