My mentally ill friend possibly pregnant…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

AlyssaE
    Participant
    I'm 15, and my friend is 16. We've been friends for nearly ten years, and she's like a family member. (Even when she angers me, I still love her, for she's nearly my sister.) I know she isn't well at mind-- she makes possibly the most irrational decisions and displays the strangest behavior of anyone I've ever met. Case in point, she lost her virginity randomly to someone she barely knows without a condom. While angry at her for such a stupid decision, it makes me fear for her and the possible child. (Just two weeks ago she brought alcohol to school concealed in a water bottle.) She says that if she discovers she's pregnant, she'll likely get an abortion. (To be honest, I think that may be the best decision given the circumstances.) I'm accompanying her within the next week or so to get a pregnancy test. I'm trying to support her emotionally as well as I can while trying to hold my tongue. I have no idea of how to go about this, I've told her that I think she should go into counseling, but he parents don't believe in the practice. I can't abandon her, she's one of my best friends. I don't want any lectures, but I need help. I am at loss of what to do with her.

User Detail :  

Name : AlyssaE, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Unsure, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 15, City : Dayton, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.