language

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

angie
    Participant
    Why people who do not speak good English can become a teacher? 90% of the time can not be understood.

User Detail :  

Name : angie, City : west long branch, State : NJ Country : United States, 

ShirleyAvery
    Participant
    From your question, I can't tell if you're referring to foreign teachers who are hard to understand by their accent or teachers who use bad grammar. Which did you mean? Also, are you referring to college professors or elementary & secondary school teachers? Just Curious

User Detail :  

Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Dot
    Participant
    Our national leaders seem to have made the choice that English should be phased out as our lingua franca. I can see no other logic to the tower of babel in which I live where no two people seem to speak the same language. I think the voting materials in our recent election came in about 100 different languages. I wonder if any other nation would do the same for me if I decided to move there and refuse to learn the local language. It's unsustainable, period.

User Detail :  

Name : Dot, Gender : Female, Age : none, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.