jobs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jesse Anderson
    Participant
    why do peoples want to keep the poor peoples poor?

User Detail :  

Name : Jesse Anderson, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Seventh-Day Adventist, Age : 52, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : retire, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 

Anita
    Participant
    Jesse, who do you think want to keep poor people poor? That's a pretty broad statement, without explaining the background of your assumption. I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to better another human's situation.

User Detail :  

Name : Anita, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 49, City : Indianapolis, State : IN Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

ShirleyAvery
    Participant
    I think that Conservatives want to keep the poor from getting a good education (though they would deny it) because educated people have more power and independence and think for themselves. Uneducated people tend to be easy to manipulate and control. Sad, but true. Just Curious

User Detail :  

Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

ShirleyAvery
    Participant
    For Politicians,their main priority is getting elected or re-elected. This requires a lot of $$$ for campaigning. Big businesses & wealthy individuals provide this money & expect special treatment in return. That's why politicians provide tax loop holes and other forms of favoritism for the rich and large corporations and look the other way when laws are broken. Guess who has to pay more taxes to make up the difference? You & me. How else can you explain that over a dozen huge companies neglected to pay taxes (some over $100 million in taxes) and STILL got huge bailouts during the end of Bush's term? This is crazy and corrupt. What's wrong with the IRS? They can find some poor slob $2000 behind in taxes, but not companies who owe millions? If the wealthy paid their fair share of taxes, there would be more money available for health care, education and other ways to help the poor. Politiicans also know that poor people don't vote as much as middle class & rich folks. (This last election for Obama was an exception.) That's another reason, politicians don't cater to the poor. Just Curious

User Detail :  

Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Dot
    Participant
    Other than a few Neo-Con whack jobs who want exploitable labor, who are you talking about? I have never met anyone who wants to "keep the poor peoples poor". I think you have a chip on your shoulder.

User Detail :  

Name : Dot, Gender : Female, Age : none, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.