hair

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Julie
    Participant
    me, my family, and all my friends have always wondered why in the world black people braid their babies hair? i know for a fact that getting your hair braided takes a long time, hurts, and is very uncomfortable and itchy when they are done...why would you want your baby to go through that?...it seems ridiculous to me to have your infants hair pulled so uncomfortably tight just so they 'look stylish'? aren't there more important things then that when it comes to your baby..like say comforting them and loving them..?

User Detail :  

Name : Julie, Gender : F, Age : 27, City : Akron, State : OH Country : United States, 

Brittany
    Participant
    Most women who put braids in their babies hair usually wait unitl they are sleep and I am pretty sure they are not tugging and pulling to the point of discomfort. According to mothers who have done this when you brush, comb, or braid an infants hair it stimulates growth...Its not to necessarily look stylish..and putting braids in a childs her is not an act against love...if this bothers you so much..don't put plaits in your babies hesd.

User Detail :  

Name : Brittany, Gender : Female, Race : Black/African American, Age : 20, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.