dare to ask 6/3/09 handicap carts in grocery store

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

RobHarris
    This is in response to a reader's question about the obvious misuse of the electric carts that allow handicapped shoppers to go around the store. As a handicapped shopper myself I know that all people that have a valid handicap will have either a red (temporary) or blue (permanent) parking placard allowing them to have the vehicle that they are riding in park in a handicap parking spot. A handicap registration goes with the placard. The registration states that the handicapped person is to keep a copy of this registration on them at all times. If all stores had the available manpower then they should only issue the carts out to shoppers after they see a CURRENT handicap registration. Rob Harris

User Detail :  

Name : RobHarris, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 49, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

JerryS
    Participant
    Also, there are many handicapped people who don't look handicapped. A friend of mine had a badly damaged heart, but he looked healthy as a horse until the day he fell down dead. He rarely used his "privileges".

User Detail :  

Name : JerryS, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : New Britain, State : CT Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Mara
    Participant
    The placards are to ensure that there is parking close enough for those who need special consideration, not as a membership card to some fraternity. My neice has limited mobility and does not drive. Usually I or one of her friends will give her a ride to wherever she needs to go. By your criteria, she would have to wait in the car while we went in to do her shopping! Rediculous!

User Detail :  

Name : Mara, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 40, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : data entry, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.