antitheism

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

norbertneuman
    Participant
    why arent there more people who are vocal antitheists? if antitheism is what you beleive, then you should be fine with expressing it.

User Detail :  

Name : norbertneuman, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 17, City : mahtomedi, State : MN Country : United States, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Mara
    Participant
    You are quite young so you haven't yet been exposed to the bigotry, the suspicion, the intolerance and the contempt the religious have for those not like them. The reason many of us aren't out there shouting like Dawkins or Harris is because we AREN'T independant. We HAVE to work with these people and unfortunately, history (and polls) prove that most folks would rather associate with a criminal than an honest non-theists. So we seldom speak up.

User Detail :  

Name : Mara, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 40, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : data entry, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Dot
    Participant
    Why would I waste my time trying to convince a religious person not to be religious? Who cares?

User Detail :  

Name : Dot, Gender : Female, Age : none, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

JoshL
    Participant
    I'm fairly loud about my atheism. I don't introduce myself as one, but if someone asks I have no problem with stating it outright. If someone gets in my face about it, I have no problem with defending myself and pointing any holes in their logic or any ignorance. That said, I'm very aware of the discrimination against people like me and if they situation seems dangerous, I know to keep my mouth shut. Look up statistics on discrimination against atheists- you might be surprised, for instance, that America would be more comfortable with an openly gay president than an openly atheist president. In short, I am fine with expressing my non-beliefs, but I'm not willing to risk losing my job over it.

User Detail :  

Name : JoshL, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : asexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 21, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.