another hair

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Julie
    Participant
    why do the majority of blacks hair look like they don't wash it...? I have known some very clean black people who didnt look like this , but the majority of black people have flakes all over there hair, and crust, and lint and stuff...it looks really gross when they bend over and you can see the top of their head...it's like they don't wash it when it's in those braids sometimes....

User Detail :  

Name : Julie, Gender : F, Age : 27, City : Akron, State : OH Country : United States, 

AmberW
    Participant
    You dont know the "majority of black people"...so shut up.

User Detail :  

Name : AmberW, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 23, City : Greenville, State : NC Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Brittany
    Participant
    You seem so curious about blacks why don't you associate yourself with them and find out why they people you see like this may appear this way...and the braids if you are talking about extentions they may be what I call suffering from new growth. We do not wash our hair everyday like whtie people because the texture of our hair is different..with the lint..maybe they were rolling around in the carpet!!! You know what I mean..Trust me if you see them like that one day not very long after are they scheduling a hair appointment.lol...dang girl...black people really fascinate you...

User Detail :  

Name : Brittany, Gender : Female, Race : Black/African American, Age : 20, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Mara
    Participant
    I thought this forum was for asking all those questions that wouldn't normally be socially acceptable. Julie asked a question that she'd probably be embarrassed to ask of any black person she knew and it's unfair for her to be scolded for it.

User Detail :  

Name : Mara, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 40, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : data entry, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Dot
    Participant
    One suspects you must also see whites with greasy hair. When people live in crowded conditions and don't have the kinds of jobs that demand a neat appearance, they often don't make it a priority. I work with many black people who spend a lot of time and money on their hair and they all look great. Keeping braids (or straightening for that matter) takes a lot more energy than simply washing one's hair. Those without the disposable income to visit the salon twice a month sometimes have trouble maintaining the look.

User Detail :  

Name : Dot, Gender : Female, Age : none, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.