Would a girl date a virgin?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Jake H.
    I'm wondering how big of a hole I've dug myself into. I'm 19 and have never had any physical experience with a woman, not even a kiss. My early childhood was in Catholic school where girl and boy relationships were strictly prohibited. In high school I was always popular, had a lot of friends including girls but always felt embarrassed about myself. I was overweight . Now it's my second year in college, I'm not overweight anymore and have had very attractive girls compliment me, even ask me out but I still felt embarressed and shied away. I know there are probably some pyschological inhibitors preventing me and have recently admitted that and am taking medicatio. Would a woman my age even date a man who has no relationship experience?

User Detail :  

Name : Jake H., Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 19, City : Mount Vernon, State : IA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Ann L. Lowenstein
    Participant
    Well, a slut looking for a hookup wouldn't touch you unless she was looking to put a 'virgin notch' in her bedpost, but a nice woman looking for a decent guy would. That said, you should be up-front and honest about the fact that you've not had a lot of dating experience, for two reasons: It will weed out the aforementioned sluts, the women who are looking for a daddy figure, and the ones who want the guy to do all the work in maintaining the relationship; and it will alert women who aren't afraid of a partnership that you might occasionally hit a wrong note or stumble simply because you don't know any better. Don't be afraid to try, and realize that some false starts and disappointments are all part of the process.

User Detail :  

Name : Ann L. Lowenstein, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Animist, Age : 37, City : K.C., State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Administrative Assistant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Teresa28610
    Participant
    I don't care how much experience the man has; whether he's 19 or 39, attitude is the determining factor. Don't be ashamed and preoccupied with your lack of experience, and don't think and act as if you 'need' to have sex immediately. Respect a woman now, and remember to always respect a woman even after you get some physical experience. Every woman has a place in her heart for the man who respects her and acts like a gentleman. And one more thing: if a woman is 'turned off' by your lack of experience, don't be discouraged. Try elsewhere, and don't look back.

User Detail :  

Name : Teresa28610, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 21, City : Gurnee, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : student, 

Brooke
    I am a Christian and had very little experience when I met my husband (I am 23 yrs old, and had regrettably had sex with one guy before I got together with my husband). He was a virgin when we met. I don't know how you feel concerning what the Bible says about fornication (that it is a sin, and you should wait to have sex until you're married), but I think that it is the best advice to follow. I didn't wait until I was married to have sex and I always regret it when I think about it. Premarital sex just brings so much trouble with it. I think that with whatever girl you desire to date you should just be perfectly honest from the beginning, then you don't have to worry about looking silly or uninformed about intimate things. There are many girls out there who are virgins still or who have very little experience and may want a guy who also has very little experience. The key thing is just to be open and honest from the very beginning (girls find that more important anyway than how 'experienced' you are).

User Detail :  

Name : Brooke, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 23, City : Greensboro, State : NC Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Kelly
    Participant
    WhenIi was in college, my boyfriend at the time and I were both inexperienced, and he was a good bit older than me. At 19, you're not an old maid by any stretch. In fact, it's probably a better time for you to think about things reasonably than kids in high school or even middle school can. Anyone who has a problem with your circumstances must be pretty insecure about their own choices.

User Detail :  

Name : Kelly, Gender : F, Age : 28, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : teacher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Angela-A28615
    Participant
    I don't think it matters if you've had experience or not. I've got two friends in their twenties who are in the same boat as you and If it wern't for the fact that i was dating someone i would have no problem dating them. Everyone has to start somewhere and you're only 19.

User Detail :  

Name : Angela-A28615, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 20, City : Minot, State : ND Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Alli
    Participant
    First of all 19 is not that old to have no experience. It only feels that way because you want the experience. So yes I'm pretty sure most girls would date someone with no experience. Seriously, don't stress. I would date someone with no dating history without a thought. Plus you don't have to tell someone on the first date that you haven't been physical with another person. A girl wouldn't tell you how many men she's kissed on the first date. Oh, and once you get to that first kiss with someone, especially if it's after a first date you, don't have to make out with them. A simple kiss on the lips is far sweeter and way less stressful for you.

User Detail :  

Name : Alli, Gender : F, City : Fargo, State : ND Country : United States, 

Dan28910
    Participant
    I know it's incredibly frustrating, but don't worry. I know much older guys who are worse off than you - girls don't even talk to them, let alone give compliments or ask them out. I didn't kiss anyone till 17 or go very far until 24. I was 26 when I had sex, and I'd already been close with a few girls who knew the situation and weren't scared by it. Odds are if you're honest about it, and get to know the girl beforehand, you'll know who the right person is to tell and eventually sleep with. Until then, just focus on finding a good relationship. Don't just go sleep with someone for the sake of doing it. That can be disastrous for both of you.

User Detail :  

Name : Dan28910, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Trenton, State : NA Country : Canada, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

GregN.
    My first kiss came on the nigth of my Senior Prom in high school. I was 18, and I thought that I was "behind" as well. I never had a real, serious relationship until I was 20. The main thing is that you have to realize that you're not strange because of your inexperience. You're not in a hole unless you tell yourself that you are.

User Detail :  

Name : GregN., Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 21, City : Omaha, State : NE Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.