Women attracting men

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    My grandmother made a comment about women of my age, saying, "Those young women do not know how to attract men anymore." Thinking back on my experience with women, I tend to think what she said is true. What do you think of this?

User Detail :  

Name : Christopher D., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 23, City : Arlington, State : TX Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

SR28502
    Participant
    My first thought is, How in the world would your grandmother know?

User Detail :  

Name : SR28502, Gender : F, Age : 21, City : Austin, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Student, 

Stacia27928
    Participant
    I don't think it is a matter of attracting men. I think there has been a sort of culture change since your grandmother was younger. Women today are much more career-oriented. They are not only allowed to have families, but work and be a part of the working world as well. I think your grandmother is just seeing that change in attitude. She's seeing more women caring less about "finding themselves a man" and caring more about their careers. Maybe I'm wrong, but that seems to be what I see as different.

User Detail :  

Name : Stacia27928, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Madison, State : WI Country : United States, 

Rusty
    I think it has a great deal to do with the different attitudes females were encouraged to have in our grandmothers' day; their lives were pretty much centered on finding a man and raising a family. My grandmother constantly tells me I'll never 'catch a man' if I don't start 'dressing more feminine.' I am a straight woman but not girly by any stretch; I prefer Levi's to skirts and hate makeup, so the blue-jeaned, bare-faced woman the world sees is who I really am. Perhaps it's selfishness on our part, but many young women don't want to put on a facade and pretend to be something they're not just for the sake of 'catching a man.' Most of us would prefer a man who loves the person we are and not the window dressing.

User Detail :  

Name : Rusty, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Human, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 24, City : Denver, State : CO Country : United States, Occupation : graphic designer, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Engred M.
    Participant
    I don't think it's that we don't know how to attract a man the way your grandmother did, but that in this fast-paced world of "the early bird gets the worm," most men do not have the time to be bothered with a women who plays hard-to-get and is flirtatious. We learn young that the faster the girl, the more likely she will get the guy. If men want us to do the slow attraction things, they must start rewarding such behavior.

User Detail :  

Name : Engred M., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 25, City : Gladstone, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Nursing student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Crystal
    Contrary to popular belief, there were actually more never-married women in the 'good old days'. One in three women in the 19th century never married. In the late seventeenth and early eighteenth centuries, over one-third of upper-class women never married. I think the perception that we are awash in a glut of 'old maids' comes from the fact that women these days are marrying later than ever before. Also, the demise of traditional sex roles has indeed 'taken the romance out' of dating but it has replaced it with something much more equal and grounded in the real world.

User Detail :  

Name : Crystal, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 30's, City : Oakland, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Office manager, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Terri24696
    Participant
    Part of the 'problem' might be that women don't want to attract just any man. It seems in Europe, women still dress to attract men, but attraction doesn't mean sex is on the list of things to do. A simple show of attention is all-unless both persons want more. I am a flirt by nature, but I have to be very careful who I flirt with so it isn't taken as an invitation to bed. I enjoy the company of men as friends, they are fun to be around. But it's safer to quietly go along not attracting attention until you know who you're dealing with.

User Detail :  

Name : Terri24696, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 33, City : Philadelphia, State : PA Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.