Women attracted to effeminate men

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Why are many women attracted to men who act effeminate or stereotypically gay, such as Ricky Martin, David Bowie or Robert Downey Jr.? Please note that it is not relevant (and I couldn't care less) about whether these men are actually gay or not.

User Detail :  

Name : Puzzled-straight-guy, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 28, City : Austin, State : TX Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

Stephanie27809
    Participant
    In general, these types of men are good dancers, take better care in their grooming and personal appearance than 'butch' men, are creative or artistic, have good taste in music, are much more caring, and are interesting to talk to. Not to mention sexy. If a guy can dance, you know he's going to be good in bed.

User Detail :  

Name : Stephanie27809, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 19, City : Toronto, Ontario, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Lisa22737
    Participant
    It is my experience that the 'macho men' are generally assholes. They care more about their image and about maintaining their 'proper' power than they do about me. I also implicitly believe that a man that conforms to the typical gender roles is a.) not very intelligent and b.) likely to be a sexist. I'm so not interested in those types of men. So, of course, men who are able to be themselves without conforming their behavior to antiquated stereotyps are appealing to me.

User Detail :  

Name : Lisa22737, City : Tampa, State : FL Country : United States, 

Sheeba
    Participant
    Because the testosterone-poisoned are often emotionally illiterate, have poor personal hygiene and comprehend only their own concerns.

User Detail :  

Name : Sheeba, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 47, City : Birmingham, State : AL Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Taylor
    Participant
    Women may outwardly like these guys, but they want what they can't have and see it as a challenge.

User Detail :  

Name : Taylor, Gender : M, Disability : I care too much., Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Synchronicity, Age : 30, City : Toronto, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : Teacher, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

David
    Participant
    I've found just the opposite to be true. I'm a straight and effeminate guy and it seems like it's worked against me. I've always thought that it was an advantage because I feel I'm able to relate to and care for women a lot better than the more masculine types, but all it's gotton me is a big tattoo on my forehead that says 'Platonic'. I think women prefer their men to be manly, like the policeman/fireman kind, especially now that they're looked at as 'heroes'. They don't want to be with a wuss.

User Detail :  

Name : David, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 26, City : Slidell, State : LA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

Heather E.
    Oh honey, don't worry. Not all women are. I happen to find all three of those guys completely unsexy. I've always preferred Russell Crowe, Mel Gibson, Bruce Willis or Harrison Ford. Real men! Gimme a cowboy, fireman, cop or man in the military any day. Some women like to be dominant, so they pick men they can dominate. Some of us just want to be taken care of, so we want a nice, manly guy. We're out there; just keep looking.

User Detail :  

Name : Heather E., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 25, City : Richmond, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : Teacher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Arianna
    Participant
    Some women prefer the stereotypcially gay guy only because they not only want a lover but they also want a friend. Someone to chat with who will actually listen. Keep in mind most women want to be respected, loved, and protected, which granted who better to protect a women than a butch and very manly man. However does this manly man take the time to listen to my bad day and try to make me feel better? Could this manly man take me out dancing? Probably not..most women want a cross b/w the effeminate man and the butch man.

User Detail :  

Name : Arianna, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Catholic, Age : 22, City : Donna, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

L K
    Effeminate men are my favorite kind! It's hard to explain why... Some women like muscled guys and some don't. I like the feeling of power over skinny and fragile guys. If they're stylish, it's great knowing you have someone to play 'dress up' with at the department stores. In response to the reply saying it's 'wanting what we can't have,' isn't that true about all celebrity crushes?

User Detail :  

Name : L K, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 22, City : Laurel, State : MD Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.