Why worship Jesus?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Bonnie23138
    Participant
    If you believe in the Holy Trinity (God the Father, God the Son, God the Spirit) then worshipping Jesus is the same as worshipping God. Use the analogy of water to help this make sense: water is one element but can be liquid, frozen or vapor - but it is always the same element, just taking on different forms.

User Detail :  

Name : Bonnie23138, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 34, City : Newport Beach, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Business owner, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

James L.
    Why does everybody worship Jesus when God has said not to worship graven images or any other before him?

User Detail :  

Name : James L., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : Weston, State : WV Country : United States, Occupation : Truck Driver, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Heather
    As a Christian, I believe that Jesus was at the same time both fully human and fully divine. The Holy Trinity is God is made up of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Therefore, I worship God the Father, God the Son (Jesus) and God the Spirit. To me, worshipping Jesus is the same as worshipping God. They cannot be separated.

User Detail :  

Name : Heather, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 25, City : Richmond, State : IN Country : United States, Occupation : Administration, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jim C.
    Participant
    It is a common Christian belief that God assumed human form in the person of Jesus and that if you worship Jesus you are worshipping God. The idea is that they are so closely linked as to be one and the same. Not all Christian denominations or individuals agree with this, and some do not worship Jesus, but I can't give you a list of those who don't.

User Detail :  

Name : Jim C., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 42, City : Rochester, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Medical Tech, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jerome
    Participant
    WORSHIP is loving a Special thing, time, place, person, feeling or so on. Wise Ones (Angels): 'Tethering ones self to a point of view or a place in time is being in DECEIT OF YOURSELF of the Reason for Being. Embracing of Love is the warmth, which creates the Life of Eternity.' Loving is learning, thus knowing and thus believing and thus Being. "Love" goes on through eternity. Worshiping the 'Hierarchy of Jesus" brings about the "BEING of Hierarchy": a world Controlled by a few. As you believe (believer) so shall you 'be' (stagnant). Everybody worships 'Jesus' because this is what the "Power" of Rome pushed upon the world in their INTERPRETED, PERVERTED COMPILED writing in the Bible - The blind leading the blind... TRUTH is in constant change and constant expression (Now), so no words are True. They can only point to Truth, within each individual/Soul. JESUS/Truth (BALANCE between Conscious and Subconscious) is 'SPIRIT' (Now) or State of an open 'Clear' (Title: Christ) Mind to Learn. Now is always Now. There is only Now and eternity. HIERARCHY, a philosophy (The "Great/many believers" Whore: sells Christ), is a state of mental smallness. Hierarchy sits upon (Supported By) a close mind (666) and directs as a rider on a horse/ beast. GOD is, Now and can not be believed in, for Belief is past "Definitions" held in the Subconscious Mind. Note: that the Defination of god is Hierarchy; power, glory, controller, etc.. "666" is being Egotistical in ones knowledge; a flaw, of "all Mortals", that is an inward knowing that one knows all. It's being Fanatical on the mind's 6th. Level of filling and storing information. 'Be not a doubter or believer be but always remain open to suggestion.' See Truth. In other words WE Worship the teacher and heed not the lesson.

User Detail :  

Name : Jerome, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 57, City : Albion, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : maintence, Education level : Technical School, 

Joy29161
    Participant
    Our choice of faith falls under three basic categories; Monism, Dualism and Pluralism. I do not believe in the devil, because I think this belief allows for people to demonize others. I do not worship Jesus, but I practice the Golden Rule. I do not consider myself a Christian, because my definition of God does not follow dualism's belief concept. I have yet to hear God say anything, so your statement confuses me.

User Detail :  

Name : Joy29161, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : American Indian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 35, City : Dallas, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Social Worker, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Chris
    Those who worship Jesus Christ, or Christians, believe in the Holy Trinity. That is, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. The Son, Jesus Christ, is God in the form of man. He is "part" of God. Therefore, to worship Jesus is to worship God.

User Detail :  

Name : Chris, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 37, City : Boston, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : Finance, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Stacey
    Participant
    You pose an excellent question. And the answers thus far are interesting. Of course not everyone worships Jesus. And not everyone who considers themselves Christian 'worships' Jesus. God clearly outlines in the Bible (it is common for someone to say 'God says...' and be referring to God's Word, the Bible) to not worship any others and images, both in the Hebrew and Greek Scriptures (Old and New Testament, respectively). Further, in Isaiah 42:8 God speaks of Him not even giving His glory to anyone or anything else. So, if God won't even do that himself, one should ask 'Why do I think I can worship something other than God if He's not even saying he would allow that? Nowhere in the Bible is it indicated that we should worship Jesus, nor consider Jesus to be God. Scriptures throughout the Bible refer to Jesus as God's son. Of the few times that God's voice was actually heard, I believe two of them were situations in which God was stating Jesus to be God's son - 'This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.' (Matthew 3:17) Jesus' purpose on earth was also clear - not to be worshiped, but to give us an example to follow (1 Peter 2:21) and most importantly, to provide a ransom sacrifice for us to have a hope for everlasting life. (John 3:16)

Other aspects of Jesus existence are spelled out for us. Things such as we must offer our prayers on the basis of Jesus' sacrifice, Jesus is the appointed king of God's Kingdom and so forth. Despite all these important roles Jesus played in our history and will play in our future, God never indicated that we should worship Jesus, that we should make images of him, that we should consider Jesus as the same person as God.

I know you're supposed to answer these Y? Forum questions if you have firsthand experience of the answer. Mine isn't firsthand because I don't worship Jesus. I do give great consideration to his life, his sacrifice, and all that he means for our future. So I am writing to say that there are Christians who do not worship Jesus. Rather, I give whole-souled devotion to God, as is asked. (Matthew 22:37, Exodus 20:5)

User Detail :  

Name : Stacey, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jehovahs Witness, Age : 28, City : Boston, State : MA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

M.A.M.
    Participant
    I do not worship Jesus because I do not believe he is God. Those who worship Jesus hold to a belief called the Trinity. This is not found in the Bible. Christians did not adopt it as a belief until the 3rd Century - after Jesus died. If Jesus' own apostles and disciples did not teach the Trinity, I cannot believe it. Therefore, as a Christian, I cannot worship Jesus.

User Detail :  

Name : M.A.M., Gender : F, Age : 26, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, 

Rico
    I am a Christian and worship Jesus, but I don't have any idols of him lying around the house. Also, the Father (God), Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit are one - the trinity. So while I worship Jesus, I worship God (and the Holy Spirit).

User Detail :  

Name : Rico, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Religious Science, Age : 21, City : Buckhorn, State : NE Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.