Why get distant when things get close?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Carey
    Participant
    To men who have ever felt this way: Why, when you are interested in a woman, do you sometimes distance yourself from the situation as the feelings for the woman grow? It seems that the common answer is that you are afraid of the commitment, but if you were to look at it logically, by walking away or distancing, you may lose the opportunity to have the relationship, anyway. My female friends are trying to figure this one out...

User Detail :  

Name : Carey, Gender : F, City : Cortez, State : CO Country : United States, 

Steve Hill
    Participant
    It's partly to do with how men feel physical as well as emotional attraction - i.e. "Do I fancy her" vs. "Am I ready for long-term commitment" - and partly the "I'd like to be on top of a mountain, but don't know if I can face the climb."

I've been celibate since a seven-year relationship broke up five or six years ago. I see women I'd love to be in relationship with, but I start to have doubts about my motivation: Am I good enough? Would people like me if they really knew me? I'm not sure if the "logic" is strong enough to conquer the fear of rejection.

User Detail :  

Name : Steve Hill, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 54, City : Leeds, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : Publisher's Rep, Social class : Middle class, 

Junkyard-Dog
    Participant
    Fear of commitment? That's laughable. They just don't want to **** only one woman the rest of their long horny lives. Sorry. You should be a little more accepting of this character flaw in the future.

User Detail :  

Name : Junkyard-Dog, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 32, City : St. Clair Shores, State : MI Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

K-Ryan
    Participant
    Please! What a worn-out, lame excuse. No matter how much or how often the sex, it is at best pale when not based on a secure, trusting, passionate and yes, loving relationship. The male, female or anyone in-between who does not know this is missing out on a lot.

User Detail :  

Name : K-Ryan, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 34, City : Wesminster, State : CO Country : United States, Occupation : Design engineer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Peter
    It's hard to explain, but I have a greater respect for single guys. I value independence and strength. When I see someone dependent on their mate (whipped), I pity them. I would much rather be alone and respect myself than be one of those guys holding his girlfriend's purse in the mall while she tries on dresses. If I ever feel like I'm compromising my values, that's when I head for the door.

User Detail :  

Name : Peter, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 21, City : Golden, State : CO Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, 
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.