Why do seated women move their legs up and down?

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author

D.
    While some women may be doing this for the reason you suggest (I can only speak for myself, of course), I can't really imagine that it would be that effective. I just tried it, and it didn't work. I do this sometimes, and I think it's more a matter of fidgeting than anything else. You know, some people shake their legs, some fiddle with pens, some play with their hair. I don't think it's sexual. Probably the reason women do it and men don't is that men don't sit cross-legged as often.

User Detail :  

Name : D., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : state college, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Mara
    Participant
    It has absolutely nothing to do with sexual stimulation. It's more like tapping your foot, drumming your fingers or any other personal fidget. Swinging (or pivoting) one's foot, or bouncing one's leg, also facilitates blood circulation to the lower leg, thus preventing the dreaded tingling of a foot that's 'fallen asleep.'

User Detail :  

Name : Mara, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 40, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : data entry, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Tucker
    Participant
    I am female and now that you mention it, have this habit. No, it does not provide any type of sexual stimulation. I would equate it to habits I've seen in men like removing a ball cap and then petting the back of their head. Kind of a nervous habit. Even though it doesn't necessarily mean you are nervous. The leg motion is definitely an effeminate action, much like walking with a hip swaying from side to side.

User Detail :  

Name : Tucker, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 35, City : Longview, State : TX Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Miranda Ross
    Participant
    Not everything we do is to get a man's attention.

User Detail :  

Name : Miranda Ross, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 19, City : Kansas City, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Unemployed, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Vail24463
    Participant
    I've never noticed that. But, if by some weird chance it provides sexual stimulation, then good for them. What a great way to get through a dull party, date or whatever.

User Detail :  

Name : Vail24463, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : mutt, Religion : Atheist, Age : 40, City : Philadelphia, State : PA Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Milly
    Participant
    I pivot my foot, and it's just something that relaxes me, like some people twisting their hair. I'm gonna be a bit more conscious of it now, oh dear!

User Detail :  

Name : Milly, Gender : F, City : London, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, 

Jessica
    Participant
    Many people, mostly women but some men, have something known as restless leg syndrome. This is an affliction that makes it very uncomfortable to keep your legs still when you get something that feels like tingles going up and down your leg. There are times, however, that a woman may notice an attractive man checking her legs out and move them in a sexy way, the way someone will smile flirtatiously, give a glance, etc.

User Detail :  

Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 26, City : Long Island, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Social Worker, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Lisa24924
    Participant
    I generally move my foot around because I'm bored, or because my shoe is falling off. And if I'm wearing shorts or a short skirt, I generally move my leg because my legs are sticking together. I think men may be less likely to do that because when they cross their legs, it tends to be with the ankle at the opposite knee, which is a more stable position. The few men I know who sit with a more closed cross-legged position tend to fidget just as much as many women do.

User Detail :  

Name : Lisa24924, Gender : F, City : San Francisco, State : CA Country : United States, 

Sandra28303
    Participant
    I am a woman and I do this. It has absolutely nothing to do with sexual stimulation for me. It is simply nervous energy - I have a hard time sitting still for an extended period of time.

User Detail :  

Name : Sandra28303, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 44, City : Edmond, State : OK Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Athena
    Participant
    Women don't usually do that to 'invite' any sort of sexual attractions. Most just do it to make themselves more comfortable. If you sit one way without moving for a long enough time, it becomes very uncomfortable. Women also do it out of boredom sometimes.

User Detail :  

Name : Athena, Gender : F, City : Warren, State : NJ Country : United States, 

Monica
    Participant
    As females we are expected to cross our legs when we sit down. As professionals we are often required to sit for extended periods of time. The movement of our foot, or the leg crossed over the top, helps stave off the discomfort caused by pressure points. The weight of a woman's leg (no matter her body weight) causes pressure primarily on the underside of the top leg and the 'outside' of the lower leg just below the knee where the calf rests, slowing circulation. Moving it frequently allows us to sit for a longer period of time until we need to recross our legs in the other direction. It had never occurred to me that men might see that as a sexual motion.

User Detail :  

Name : Monica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Unitarian, Age : 42, City : Sarasota, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : computer programmer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Hal
    Participant
    Crossing legs also gives you varicose veins!

User Detail :  

Name : Hal, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Wiccan, Age : 35, City : New Zealand, State : NA Country : New Zealand, Occupation : Surfer, Social class : Upper class, 

Kelly
    Participant
    it's because i can't sit still. and men do it too. so you tell me, why do men do it?

User Detail :  

Name : Kelly, Gender : F, Age : 28, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : teacher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Kelly
    Participant
    i wouldn't think being a spaz would be that attractive. and i can't imagine any female would be in that much need of male attention. i am fidgeting 90% of the time, in any position, because i just can't sit still. the end.

User Detail :  

Name : Kelly, Gender : F, Age : 28, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : teacher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.