Why do older white women always cut their hair?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Sue
    Participant
    Why do older white women always cut their hair short after the age of 50? If you look around, you will find that 90% of older, white women have short hair. Why?

User Detail :  

Name : Sue, City : Memphis, State : TN Country : United States, 

Ann L. Lowenstein
    Participant
    There's this bizarre notion that a short bob or page-boy hairstyle makes them look "younger". Hairdressers, style pundits, freakin' psychologists... EVERYONE pushes this dipshit idea that wearing the exact same hairstyle as everyone else over the age of 50 will make you look "younger", rather than "just like every other old bag in the U.S.". BadKarma!

User Detail :  

Name : Ann L. Lowenstein, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Animist, Age : 37, City : K.C., State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Administrative Assistant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

LaurieS
    Well, I guess I'm not "older" yet (35) but I did used to wear my hair longer than I do now. One day I looked in the mirror and it just didn't look good on me anymore. Getting rid of some of the hair seemed to bring back some of the "cute." I by no means have an "older woman's hairstyle" and I hope I never do, but I do think girls in their teens and early 20s can carry off very long hair better.

User Detail :  

Name : LaurieS, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 35, City : Port Saint John, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Dot
    Participant
    While some people can carry off long hair for life, most women cannot. Faces grow thinner, so does hair... Gray hair is frizzy and difficult to manage. Hair color, for covering said gray, damages the hair so it doesn't grow out long and nice. Whilst the same style for all is not a good thing, having thinning, ratty, frizzy hair that's gray at the roots and overly dyed at the ends isn't either. Finding a style and color that works as they get older is something most women don't put enough thought into. I also think that as you age you tend to care a little less about looking cute. Seriously, once you're a grandma are you going to want to put the extra effort into keeping long hair (which is a major hassle for some people)? And PS, I know older black and Latino women who feel the s

User Detail :  

Name : Dot, Gender : Female, Age : none, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.