Why do old people think we’re all bad?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Pat
    Participant
    Why do older people always feel that all teens are bad?

User Detail :  

Name : Pat, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Age : 15, City : Constaintia, State : NY Country : United States, 

Andrea K.
    Participant
    I'm a teacher and do musicals, and in both situations, I interact with plenty of kids who are not bad. I think one reason elderly people don't have a good opinion of kids is that they never have much contact with them. When they do have contact with them, it is often in a situation in which the teenagers are being very rude and disrespectful, according to the rules by which the elders were brought up and by which they brought up their own children. For example, many young people seem, when at the movies, to forget they are not in their own living rooms. There is also the matter of dress; the punk, skinhead and Gothic looks can all be frightening to an older person. The grunge look often provokes amazement and wondering about why the kid's mother couldn't bring herself to hem those pants.

User Detail :  

Name : Andrea K., Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 40, City : Farmington, State : ME Country : United States, Occupation : teacher/musician, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Lindsay H.
    I'm a mom for more years than I'd like to think about. To me, kids want to be a part of their own society. My daughter (who is really quite attractive) dressed like she came out of a garbage can for a few years. She didn't do drugs, she didn't do booze and she made great grades. Count yourself lucky if your kids bypass the drugs and liquor or random sex. Your kid colors their hair strange? SO WHAT! One thing I do have to comment on, though: You do have to keep an eye on who they associate with. This is part of being a responsible parent.

User Detail :  

Name : Lindsay H., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Deaf, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 49, City : San Antonio, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : self-employed, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.