Why do men have nipples?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Darren
    Participant
    This may sound like a really stupid question, but I've always wondered: Why do men have nipples?

User Detail :  

Name : Darren, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 24, City : Exeter, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : Builder, Education level : High School Diploma, 

Dan31691
    Participant
    Men have nipples because, technically speaking, men have breasts and, yes, even mammary glands. The difference is that hormones don't cause the male breasts to develop during adolescence as women's do, and because men don't get pregnant, the mammary glands are never activated.

User Detail :  

Name : Dan31691, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 22, City : La Salle, State : IL Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

ONeil-Williams
    Participant
    I've heard it said and I agree that they are an erogenous zone; just like a woman's. If you have a girlfriend and are willing to try, let her play with them. Some men's nipples are very sensitive, and it's quite a turn-on. This I know from experience. You just have to be patient and open-minded.

User Detail :  

Name : ONeil-Williams, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 21, City : Detriot, State : ME Country : United States, Occupation : Cook, Education level : High School Diploma, 

Andrew
    Participant
    My older son asked me why we have hair. I had no acceptable answer. Our little toes serve no purpose. What's facial hair all about? These things are all evolutionary leftovers, and so are male nipples, I suppose.

User Detail :  

Name : Andrew, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 35, City : Huntington, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Reporter, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Zac24347
    Participant
    In the womb, everyone starts off as female. At certain points in the pregnancy, certain chemicals may be released causing the fetus to develop into a boy or a girl, but regardless, since we all start out the same, we all have the same basic physiology.

User Detail :  

Name : Zac24347, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Pensacola, State : FL Country : United States, 

Peter30394
    Participant
    That all fetus's start as "female" and are changed by hormonal factors into either male or female babies is a fascinating subject. Each physical structure in each sex has an analog in the other sex. The obvious penis-clitoris, labia-scrotum, testis-ovaries, etc. Males even have a sign of a vagina in the form of a small "scar" on the underside base of their penis.

User Detail :  

Name : Peter30394, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 50+, City : Rockford, State : IL Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.