Why are some Black women hateful to mixed people?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Angela
    Participant
    I have lived in the US all of my life and even though I'm African American, I'm also mixed, (Brazilian). This has been a problem with making friends and dealing with other black women and I dont know why? For example, I spoke portugues to a friend at the bus stop and some others girls rolled their eyes and shouted, 'Shut up, no one wants to hear that sh---!' I don't understand why black women (who are my sisters) behave this way. I was raised to be friendly and open-minded to all races, but I feel there is a big problem within my own. At my job, there are looks of coldness and meaness from women who dont even know me! When I smile or try to have small talk, the friendliness is rarely returned. Has anyone ever experienced this? I know some americans don't like foreigners, and mixed blacks may dress, talk or appear a bit different that a so called 100% Black American, but it is the same. And who even knows who is 100% pure anything? No one. Why are some black women so mean and hateful to mixed women? What do I do when this happens?

User Detail :  

Name : Angela, Gender : M, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 30, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.