Why are black guys obsessed with big butts?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Jessica-W
    Participant
    I am a black female, but I find that white males are more likely to appreciate my beauty than black guys. I am tall and thin, with light skin and long, light brown hair. Black guys tend to say I need meat on my bones, and white guys tend to say I am 'perfect'. Why is this?

User Detail :  

Name : Jessica-W, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, City : Auburn, State : AL Country : United States, 
    Jessica, are you serious? You mean you really don't know the answer to this? Black men have always loved 'a little more junk in the trunk' on Black women, while white men tend to like thin women with large breasts. I don't know how old you are, but there's a song from the 70's called 'Brickhouse' by the Commodores, featuring Lionel Ritchie, which praises voluptuous sistas. In any case, don't listen to the brothas (and I LOVE my brothas). Stay slim and trim, and stop worrying about what they, as well as white men, think about your attractiveness. What YOU think is what really counts.

User Detail :  

Name : Rhonda-P-Outlaw30008, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 42, City : Laurelton, State : NY Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Seamus28250
    Participant
    In the United States today, Black women are generally curvier while White women are generally more slender and svelte. There are exceptions to this rule which is your case, but on the average these attributes are true. For men raised in their respective communities, it's most likely that they will be attracted to what they are most comfortable with and around the most. Hence their preferences for the average. This hasn't always been the case however. At one time, White men were attracted to a curvier woman, but the tide has turned somewhat against that today with a greater concentration on fitness and dieting.

User Detail :  

Name : Seamus28250, Gender : M, Age : 23, City : Charlestown, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : Union official, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Eric
    Participant
    It's really all a preference in cultures.

User Detail :  

Name : Eric, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : disorganized religion, Age : 27, City : Heidelberg, State : NA Country : Germany, Occupation : Military, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Candace19210
    Participant
    I don't know, but as an overweight white female I have received a lot more appreciation of my appearance from black men than I have from white!

User Detail :  

Name : Candace19210, Gender : F, Age : 26, City : Vancouver, State : NA Country : Canada, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

William
    There are probably two reasons that black men appreciate thick voluptuous women. First, it is a sign of health to have a figure. The slim, trim figure portrayed as attractive by the fashion industry and Hollywood works well for Caucasians. It is a Caucasian dominated industry and they are built without thick butts. Second, it is sexually attractive and white men know this. More is better - they will tell you that of breasts. It makes certain sexual positions more enjoyable, whereas white men may have a harder time in those positions with thick black women - making it a turn-off. Any woman can increase the size of her butt with the right exercises. Just focus on the gluteus maximus and eat some good ol' soul food and you too can have a big ol' butt.

User Detail :  

Name : William, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 32, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

JP-Schumi29162
    Participant
    At various points throughout history, white men have enjoyed a wide array of preferences depending on what society has given the thumbs up at a given point in time. Several hundred years ago voluptuous women were the choice. Unshaven pubes was the way up until the eighties. The weight loss and fashion industry are just examples of the many reasons why a particular Niche might be in. Black men are less likely to have preferences based on what White society has chosen at a given time. Just enjoy and trust that the new man in your life has the character to choose exactly what he trully prefers. :)

User Detail :  

Name : JP-Schumi29162, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 27, City : Sterling, State : VA Country : United States, Social class : Lower middle class, 

John29297
    Participant
    Maybe it's because I went to a Black-majority school district from 3rd through 12th grade, but I like a nice-sized butt on a female. I don't like the Hollywood Washboard Butt (ex: Paris Hilton) nor do I like the Big Bertha Butt (ex: Missy Eliot). I always hear Blacks saying Whites don't have butts. How would they like it if Whites said that Blacks have oversized butts?

User Detail :  

Name : John29297, City : Chestnut Ridge, State : NY Country : United States, 

Kim26374
    Participant
    The question is, 'Why does it matter?' Perhaps it is not the race of the men but their level of maturity. Women spend too much time obsessing over what some man thinks about them. I am also tall and thin and my butt will never win a J. Lo Butt Award, but I love the way I look. I have had guys tell me that I needed to eat my greens and cornbread or something like that, but I love the way I look. I used to think,'Why can't he see how beautiful my long legs are rather than talking about the big butt I don't have. Then I realized that I love my long legs and that is what matters most. I really think it has nothing to do with race. Anyway, as they age, those butts will start to sag.

User Detail :  

Name : Kim26374, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 22, City : Stewart County, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : Teacher, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Todd
    Participant
    Well I am a black man, and I prefer a petite woman... I am a small guy(5'8, 145 pounds)who works out twice a week...I don't think I could handle a butt that is TOO big. The JLO and Beyonce size is great...But I hate ghetto booties. That is just nasty. I do prefer women who are slim. I think it all comes down to what some guys prefer.

User Detail :  

Name : Todd, Gender : M, Age : 27, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, 

Ann Michael
    Participant
    I'm white, and I've always been voluptuous and a little plump. I have generally found that more black men than white men appreciate my body.When I was about 19 a black man gave me a big grin and said, 'You should have been born black!' I asked, 'Why?' Looking me over in a very easy and not lecherous way, he responded, 'You right healthy!' It made my day.

User Detail :  

Name : Ann Michael, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 52, City : Santa Rosa, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : professional, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Richard-A
    Participant
    Not all Black guys like big asses. I certainly don't, but I think I am in the minority here. It's a cultural thing I think. Many Black men prefer heavier women, that's their choice, but it is not universal.

User Detail :  

Name : Richard-A, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Atheist, Age : 37, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Consultant, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Dianna Wallace
    Participant
    in Africa thickness is a sign of beauty and easy child birth and black men have caried this instiled image and liking of thick girls in minds for generations. Even in europe in most paintings you will see thicker girls its was looked upon as a sign of beauty. if you look at the fastion industry most of the men are gay and ive found that gay men like small thin skiny women that look siminar to men becuase they dont have the shape and curves of a regular woman. therfore fasion moddles are skiny and boney they look like men with female faces. and this image was instiled into white girls a beauty becuase they were not particulaly borne with the same curves and minoritys now most white men prefer the super modle image to the thickness becuase of this while black men prefer thickness to skiny girls becuase of there instiled haritage. This does not mean your not beautiful God made you this way just like he made us all diffrend and if most black men dont like you then ow well all that maters is that somebody likes you for who you are. and i personaly think some skiny women are very beautyful even tho they may not be thick. So keep your head up and dont worry about it all women are beautyful in there own way.

User Detail :  

Name : Dianna Wallace, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 19, City : Kansas City, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : college student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Andy
    Participant
    In my opinion the reason is simple. White men claim to like a specific look because that is what we are told is 'best'. So boys and young men are lead to the path of the blonde hair/ blue eyes and petite. There ae many men who look for a a female with a little meat on her bones. Unfortunatley they won't all admit to it. I think that most white guys try to live up to the false status symbol that comes with a lean woman on their arm. They are too afraid to admit that a female with a nice booty can be just as hot, if not hotter than a chick with no butt at all.

User Detail :  

Name : Andy, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 30, City : Columbus, State : OH Country : United Kingdom, 

Arlyne
    Participant
    I firstly disagree, some white chicks have ass, myself being an example. Beyind that, I think it depends on the male. Some guys like ass, some like stick people. Who knows? In the african american community though, I think it's just 'What most have so you grow to like.' Where I'm from originally was a predominately black area of the city and ALL guys liked big butts, just because it was a cultural trait that they had all grown up seeing and accepting them as a good, sexy thing. As for sexual positions, trust me, any of em you want you can find a way to do, no matter what body type we're talking about.

User Detail :  

Name : Arlyne, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 17, City : Middle of nowhere, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Social class : Lower class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.