Why, and when, did you know?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Michelle-G20541
    Participant
    To gays and lesbians: When did you know you liked the opposite sex? And how did you know that was how you really felt?

User Detail :  

Name : Michelle-G20541, Gender : F, Age : 29, City : Porterville, State : CA Country : United States, 

Ben S.
    Participant
    We get asked this question quite a lot on Y Forum, so I hope I am not being too flippant in suggesting that 'I realized I was queer about the same time you realized you were straight.' It's the same process: a gradual realization that you probably never really notice.

User Detail :  

Name : Ben S., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 31, City : sydney, State : NA Country : Australia, Occupation : Public servant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

N.J. Smith
    Participant
    When I was 21 I fell in love with another woman, a good friend who came on to me. It surprised me. After that relationship ended, I thought it was possible to fall in love with anyone, male or female. Years passed before I realized I was a lesbian. I was never satisfied with sexual activities with men, only women. I have come to believe that my upbringing (which taught me that being gay was bad) caused me to deny my orientation. A sort of brainwashing occurred during my childhood, and I was well into adulthood before I overcame it.

User Detail :  

Name : N.J. Smith, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 45, City : Butler, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Laborer, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Dididi
    Participant
    It is a process ranging from denial to acceptance, but you know as soon as you have that first thought and then encounter.

User Detail :  

Name : Dididi, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 30, City : na, State : NC Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Annie
    Participant
    I knew that I was attracted to the same sex when I fell in love with my then-best friend. That being so undeniable is what allowed me to finally *accept* it.

User Detail :  

Name : Annie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Indianapolis, State : IN Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

hey!
    I am not 'completely gay' but it took alot to admit it to myself about being Bisexual. I loved men and i have a boyfriend just exploring was scary when i started to look at women 'like that' I amitted it this year and i had an experince and i guess thats how you find out.

User Detail :  

Name : hey!, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 16, City : hollywood, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Jason31237
    Participant
    I can trace my attraction to men back to age 3. I started figuring out I was 'different' around 10. From 13 - 18 I cried and prayed almost every night trying to figure it out. 21 is when I finally accepted myself.

User Detail :  

Name : Jason31237, City : Minneapolis, State : MN Country : United States, 
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.