Who’s the coward here?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Mark22096
    Participant
    So how come I don't feel squeamish putting suntan lotion on a girl's back, but straight men won't put it on mine?

User Detail :  

Name : Mark22096, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 47, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

ED25452
    Participant
    Because they don't want to be thought of as gay (but you already knew that).

User Detail :  

Name : ED25452, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 47, City : Kansas City, State : MO Country : United States, 

Jeff31173
    Participant
    I can tell you that any touch is, for me, an expression of intimacy. That's not to say it's necessarily sexual. But for me to agree to touch, there must be an emotional connection. Being a Midwesterner, I'm, unfortunately, uncomfortable hugging or touching anyone without that connection. That said, if I were to put suntan lotion on a woman, there would definitely be sexual electricity flying around in my head. Maybe it's one of the curse's of being a straight guy. But because that level of intimacy or comfort doesn't tend to be part of a straight man's male friendships, I probably wouldn't put lotion on any of my friends, nor would they ask me. And because touch is so tied in with intimacy and sexuality, I would be reluctant to put any on you. Sorry Mark!

User Detail :  

Name : Jeff31173, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 46, City : Bloomington, State : IL Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Todd
    Participant
    I think some men are conflicted about touching other men, simple as that. I guess they're worried about what it might indicate about their own sexuality, or how it might appear to others. Seems silly to me. Just as a data point, I'm a straight guy, and I'm not conflicted about rubbing suntan lotion on anybody - male, female, gay, straight, whatever. I may be sensitized to the necessity for suntan lotion because I burn easily!

User Detail :  

Name : Todd, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 37, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Writer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jesse Chapman
    Participant
    Does the girl you're putting lotion on have the thoughts going through her mind like, 'Does he like me? Is he doing this because he likes me?' That's really the problem. There is always a fear that a gay man likes every straight guy they see. And they probably won't touch you in such a way because they fear you may like it, or like them, or something along those lines. It's a level of comfort. The girl has nothing to fear because you're gay. The guy, on the other hand, may still have nothing to fear, per se, but still the thoughts linger in his mind.

User Detail :  

Name : Jesse Chapman, City : Palm Coast, State : FL Country : United States, 

Jay31352
    Participant
    Straight guys are weird - they have such hangups about homosexuality. I'm a straight female and wouldn't be at all bothered putting lotion on a lesbian. But straight guys would consider it gay to do the same for a gay guy. I wish I knew why - it's just so strange.

User Detail :  

Name : Jay31352, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, 

Mike
    Participant
    Picture this...you're a male sitting on a crowded beach all by yourself and another guy walks up to you and says 'Excuse me, would you mind putting some lotion on my back?' That's one of the oldest pick up lines in the book!

User Detail :  

Name : Mike, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 42, City : Ben Lomand, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Vail24495
    Participant
    Yes, Jeff, and that touch, with lotion, to naked skin is about as intimate as it gets in a public space. Although, I could do it for a woman, but perhaps not if I were strongly attracted to her and knew my feelings were not reciprocated. In that case it might even be easier with the man. In a similar situation, I completely contradict this. Those times when I've had to reveal my penis before a doctor (although it is always uncomfortable) it is easier when it is a male doctor. Go figure. But you know, I know I won't get an erection when he handles me, but what if I did with her??? I'd be so embarrassed! Oh, people are strange.

User Detail :  

Name : Vail24495, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : mutt, Religion : Atheist, Age : 40, City : Philly, State : PA Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Craig
    Participant
    I've had str8 friends come over to my pool and they've asked if I could put lotion on their back. It didn't bother me at all. It wasn't sexual, and men hug each other more now if you've noticed. Watch football or baseball players and they hug each other. I don't think men touching each other is gay unless they are touching each other's genitals.

User Detail :  

Name : Craig, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 34, City : Concord, State : NH Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.