Who wants it more often?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Rhiannon
    To heterosexual men and women: In your relationships, who wants to have sex more often? Is it a myth that men want it more often than women - especially because men reach their sexual peak at 18, and women don't reach theirs until 35-40?

User Detail :  

Name : Rhiannon, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 29, City : Eden Prairie, State : MN Country : United States, Occupation : Professor, Social class : Middle class, 

Steve27673
    Participant
    First, let's talk about this 'sexual peak at 18' thing that is constantly thrown up at men. Sexual peak, in this context (male), is based on scientific studies that measured frequency of erections, refraction (elapsed time between orgasms), seminal fluid volume and the all-important sperm count and viability. In women, sexual peak is defined as ability to reach orgasm, which appears to be later in life. Notice the unfairness of this. The man's sexual peak is defined in terms of how the equipment runs for straight reproduction. To be fair, in women the comparable would be ability to get pregnant, which is demonstrably in the teenage years as well. Neither measure is sexual peak in my book. Sexual peak is having a satisfying experience for both my partner and I. Quality improves with age and experience in both sexes (and decreases markedly if there are young children in the house).

As far as who wants it more, in my limited experience (my marriage), I make the 'moves' 90 percent of the time.

User Detail :  

Name : Steve27673, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 40, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Corporate Cubicle Guy, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Andrew
    Participant
    Wouldn't it be great if men and women had the same level of sexual desire at the same time? It's my experience, however, that they don't. I've always wanted it more, and that's still the case, even though my wife and I are 36, which should put her at her so-called sexual peak.

User Detail :  

Name : Andrew, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 35, City : Huntington, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Reporter, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Chelsea32301
    Participant
    First of all,the traditional sex scripts contribute to the notion that men want sex more. Also these scripts say that woman are suppose to be less sexually agressive. Personally, my partner and I want sex about the same amount(all the time). So I'm the exception.

User Detail :  

Name : Chelsea32301, City : Kansas City, State : MO Country : United States, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.