“White people wet dogs” – that’s a racist slur!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author

J21103
    Participant
    See how it feels? Blacks have been called primitive, savage and monkeys, but when something is brought up about whites, everyone is up in arms. The fact that you even use the word monkey in your defensive attack says that you are well aware of racial slurs. A racial slur against whites or whatever is not foreign to you - you just wanted to make a racist comment.

User Detail :  

Name : J21103, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, 

alex
    Participant
    Perhaps you should read more. If you don't like the book, don't read it. If I were to get offended by everything I saw and read, I'd be in a hell of a bind.

User Detail :  

Name : alex, Gender : F, Race : *poweRpuFF greeN*, Age : 19, City : houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : *maDsCienTist*, 

Gordon
    You are only judging the book by its cover. It is not a racist slur in the least. It merely means that once you have learned to think outside of the box and understand how to challenge your initial perceptions, you will have awakened a whole new world you never knew existed. Unfortunately, I don't think you will ever find this unless you are able to look deeper than what lies on the surface

User Detail :  

Name : Gordon, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Do not belong to any organized relitgious group, Age : 27, City : Anderson, State : IN Country : United States, Occupation : Student/Engineer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Piggy
    The title does raise an eyebrow to some people (like me), but I'm sure the author really wouldn't have a problem if you wrote a book called 'Why do African Americans smell like blah blah' because he's not African American, he's white. He's the guy who started this web site idea, and he found this question to be interesting, so he gave the book that title. I get a chuckle out of the book, and I even stopped by Y? Forum to check out some questions...

User Detail :  

Name : Piggy, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Age : 19, City : Schaumburg, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Kim
    I saw the guy who wrote the book on a talk show. He's white.

User Detail :  

Name : Kim, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 17, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Secretary, Social class : Middle class, 

C19196
    Participant
    I hate to tell you this, but it's no stereotype. I've yet to find a black person who hasn't experienced this after a rainy day, but they would never admit it to the white person asking because it might be taken as an insult. I find it fascinating that the white responses are that they hadn't noticed this, and one even says he doesn't find the smell of wet dog offensive. Wow! It's eye-opening that they really don't realize it. I guess we must smell funny to them, too.

User Detail :  

Name : C19196, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 35, City : n/a, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Computers, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

kelish
    There seems to be a competition between certain black people and white people. I don't believe that in western societies race makes a difference. I can sympathise with black males in a way, because often black women are unusually 'butch' and bad - tempered. However, this is just the general population of black people. Some black people are lovely. The males however tend to be aggressive and treat all women as a whole badly. I do agree that white guys seem to be petrified of women from other cultures. If there are any white men, please state why? I feel a lot of guys like to get a balance - they don't like white girls because they want something different (exotic perhaps) but at the same time they don't want a 'man' as a girlfriend. I think there is a huge demand for the more gentle black woman because a lot of guys want a lady of the same race but often just can't find a suitable one. Many white people try to tan their skins to look brown/black (more exotic and unusual looking)while other races like to look white........ SOMETIMES. I think this is all down to insecurites. If people are secure, they are comfortable being themselves. I do feel that white guys need to overcome their shyness and approach someone a bit different. I have to say - black AND white women can be surprisingly intimidating and scare all males. I feel it is a turn off to men because the women often behave like men. This is a shame.

User Detail :  

Name : kelish, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Sikh, Age : 25, City : London, State : AK Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : lawyer, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Ashley
    Participant
    I don't mean to offend anyone, but I think black people smell like mildew when they come in from the rain. It seems to me it's a growing trend to make racial slurs about white people, for example, redneck, white trash, hillbilly, etc. Those terms aren't even considered offensive, yet they are degrading. It's all part of this politically correct, bend-over-backward-to-rectify-mistakes-made-by-our-white-ancestors-who-were-dead-a-hundred-years-before-we-were-born movement. I think we'd all get along better if this multiculturalism wasn't forced on us so hard. It makes me a little resentful.

User Detail :  

Name : Ashley, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 28, City : Monroe, State : LA Country : United States, Occupation : Clerical, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Dave B
    Participant
    It's obviously a gimmick to try to sell more of his books.

User Detail :  

Name : Dave B, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Columbus, State : IN Country : United States, Education level : Technical School, 

Jay
    Participant
    I think white people smell different from black people. Then again, all races smell different from one another. I really dont think the name of the book was meant to be a racist slur. I think white people have always called black people niggas, so blacks said white people smelled like wet dogs.

User Detail :  

Name : Jay, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 26, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Carli R.
    Participant
    I honestly don't believe the title of the book was meant to be taken to heart. I've never noticed such a phenomenon, but I'm white, so perhaps my perception is somewhat skewed. Sometimes you just have to try to shrug or laugh things off when people take shots at you. If the worst thing I have to put up with in my lifetime regarding my race is someone saying I smell like a wet dog when I come out of the rain, I'll thank God for that. There are much worse things a person can endure.

User Detail :  

Name : Carli R., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 22, City : Huntsville, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Social class : Middle class, 

CJ
    If anyone gets offended, they shouldn't be in a forum that was created to get crazy questions answered.

User Detail :  

Name : CJ, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 23, City : Madison, State : WI Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

George P.
    I don't believe this is a racial slur. If some white people smell like wet dogs to other people, so be it, it's a fact of life. We are all human, but different races have different body chemistries (think lactose intolerance, which is chiefly found among non-Caucasions). Differences are what make us interesting. Our commonality is our humanity, something that should make us unified as one people but so often doesn't.

User Detail :  

Name : George P., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 46, City : Battle Creek, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Management, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Mondee
    Participant
    I'm a black man and I remember I was caught in the rain downtown as were others before finally making it into the federal building. I got on the elevator with a lot of white people who were also wet, and I must say I almost passed out. The smell from them was horrendous. I never understood why whites gave off the scent of dogs when wet. I've also noticed all my life that white people develop very close relationships and similarities with their dogs. They allow them to sleep in the same bed with them, eat out of the same plates, take baths in the same tub, kiss them in the mouth and share the same parasites like fleas, ticks and lice. Indeed, many white people treat their dogs better than they treat another human being. This is highly unusual. In the bible it is said that Jesus even referred to a white woman who came to him and her people as 'dogs'. I guess the similarity between dogs and white people is something many people understood thoughout history.

User Detail :  

Name : Mondee, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 39, City : Cleveland, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : Gov't worker, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 

White-Man
    Participant
    Its amusing how the blacks on here have no problem with the book but if there was a book called 'Black people smell like rotten chicken soup' which they do , they would say that was racist when in fact it is just stating a simple fact. well if you are just into stating facts here are a few more The White race has crossed seas, harnessed rivers, carved mountains, tamed deserts, and colonized the most barren icefields. It has been responsible for the invention of the printing press, cement, the harnessing of electricity, flight, rocketry, astronomy, the telescope, space travel, firearms, the transistor, radio, television, the telephone, the lightbulb, photography, motion pictures, the phonograph, the electric battery, the automobile, the steam engine, railroad transportation, the microscope, computers, and millions of other technological miracles. It has discovered countless medical advances, incredible applications, scientific progress, etc. Its members have included such greats as Socrates, Aristotle, Plato, Homer, Tacitus, Julius Ceaser, Napoleon, William the Conqueror, Marco Polo, Washington, Jefferson, Hitler, Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Magellan, Columbus, Cabot, Edison, GrahamBell, Pasteur, Leeuwenhoek, Mendel, Darwin, Newton, Galileo, Watt, Ford, Luther, Devinci, Poe, Tennyson, and thousands upon thousands of other notable achievers. ) FACT #2: Throughout 6,000 years of recorded history, the Black African Negro has invented nothing. Not a written language, weaved cloth, a calendar, a plow, a road, a bridge, a railway, a ship, a system of measurement, or even the wheel. (Note: This is in reference to the pure-blooded Negro.) He is not known to have ever cultivated a single crop or domesticated a single animal for his own use (although many powerful and docile beasts abounded around him.) His only known means of transporting goods was on the top of his hard burry head. For shelter he never progressed beyond the common mud hut, the construction of which a beaver or muskrat is capable.

User Detail :  

Name : White-Man, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : na, City : a nice one ( not many blax), State : NA Country : United States, Occupation : engineer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.