White nose-pickers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Geraldine
    Why do Caucasians pick their noses in public? I don't mean to be insulting, but this is something I have longed to ask for years. I was taught that to pick your nose in public is very ill-mannered.

User Detail :  

Name : Geraldine, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 43, City : Columbus, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : Govt. employee, 

Burt B
    Participant
    I do not pick my nose in public. Neither does my wife. My mother made a big deal about not doing it in public when I was growing up. Most of my friends believe that picking one's nose in public is not proper behavior. While I have picked my nose in my car, I was the only one there, I used a Kleenex and I was careful to make sure there was no one in the lanes next to me.

User Detail :  

Name : Burt B, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Jewish, Age : 48, City : Irvine, State : CA Country : United States, 

Vanity
    Participant
    Ha Ha! I too notice that white people and East Indian people have no problem digging for gold in public. My other pet peeve: not just white people, but people licking documents as they turn the pages and then giving it back to you. What is that, thanks for drooling all over my memo, I appreciate you sharing your mono with me. After I return from sick leave, will I get a raise for taking one for the team?

User Detail :  

Name : Vanity, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 28, City : West New York, State : NJ Country : United States, Occupation : Paralegal, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Rebekah
    Participant
    Your posting is the most hilarious thing I've seen in ages. The fact that you associate nose picking with 'whites' really highlights to me the fact that many people in the States think very literally in terms of ethnicity, and can be blinded to humanity. I've lived in North America, South America, Asia and Australia - I've taught international students from all of the above, as well as Europe, Africa, the Middle East, the 'subcontinent', and the South Pacific Islands - and I must say, nose picking is a universal hobby. It's not so much which ethnicities do it (we ALL do) as which individuals deem it OK to do it publicly.

User Detail :  

Name : Rebekah, Gender : F, Age : 32, City : Melbourne, State : NA Country : Australia, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Rachel19505
    Participant
    I think the original poster from Ohio did say that it is in public where she's seen so many white folks picking their nose! Perhaps your question should be: What are these people thinking when they publicly do a very private thing out in the open for everybody to see and judge you for? In America, black people are not known for such unpleasant personal grooming. No nose picking, teeth picking, scratching your private parts, etc. We're hard to miss as it is, no need to draw that kind of negative attention to ourselves!

User Detail :  

Name : Rachel19505, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, City : Anytown, State : NA Country : United States, 

T. Arroyo
    Participant
    I find it interesting that you would relate nose picking to white poeple. It has nothing to do with race and the notion that it does is insane. There are all types of poeople that do all types of ill-mannered things in public. It has nothing to do with race and to suggest that it does is very ignorant.

User Detail :  

Name : T. Arroyo, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 23, City : Kansas City, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Managment, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.