White men more romantic and courteous?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

June S.
    Participant
    I am an African woman and find myself attracted intensly to English-speaking Caucasian men. I have tried dating African men but it hasn't worked. Caucasian men seem to treat their partners with more romance and courtesy. Am I generalizing about this? Also, I notice that white men who are attracted to black women tend to go for those who are model-thin. Why is this? I'd appreciate any help, especially from white males attracted to black women.

User Detail :  

Name : June S., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 32, City : Ongata, State : NA Country : Kenya, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

DC31831
    Participant
    I'm a white man and prefer white women, but there have been times I've been attracted to black women. A while back I walked into Dairy Queen to get a chocolate sundae and there was an absolutely beautiful black woman waiting for her order. When I made eye contact with her, she gave me a very cold stare for some reason, but I said hello and struck up a conversation, and she ended up being very friendly. I really don't know why I prefer slender gals. As I get older, I'm not as picky - even some chunky gals look good to me now!

User Detail :  

Name : DC31831, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 48, City : Omaha, State : NE Country : United States, 

Jessica
    Participant
    The media centers on white men and has successfully convinced them (generally) that the perfect mate consists of a paper-doll thin, walking Barbie doll. That's why they go for the anorexic women - they've been sucked voraciously into a false image of beauty. Check out a copy of Playboy sometime, and see if you don't see what I mean. Don't just look at the centerfold; read the articles, look at the pictures of Hugh Hefner, read the interviews - the Barbie element is evident in all of these.

User Detail :  

Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Seamus28244
    Participant
    White guys can be just as ignorant and oblivious to romance as black guys. Just ask white women. I think some of us cultivate an image of sophistication and romance that's not there. Not that this is all or even most of us, but there are liars in the midst. As for being model-thin, white guys like their white women that way, too. It's the taste of many and is repeated throughout celebrity culture. But I wouldn't starve myself for some stupid white guy. I know many who are attracted to women of all shapes and sizes.

User Detail :  

Name : Seamus28244, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 22, City : Charlestown, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : Construction, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower class, 

Me21905
    Participant
    Actually, if you look through Playboy's history, the thin, barbie-doll type has not always been their message. Throughout different decades of the magazine's existence the body types of the models changed. The 50's women were fuller-figured, leading into the 60's. Towards the end of the 60's and moving into the 70's the stick-figure, a la Twiggy became the 'fashionable' look. As Playboy entered the 80's their models took on a more hourglass-figure. I can't vouch for the 90's or now, but I recall that some fashion designer put on a runway show using playmates instead of models. The interesting fact was that runway models are usually anorexically thin, while playmates are still 'healthier' looking.

User Detail :  

Name : Me21905, Gender : M, Age : 28, City : SF Bay Area, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Denise
    Participant
    There are just as many white men who mistreat their partners as black men. I have dated in both races. Maybe you jsut haven't found the right guy for you period (white or black). I would say that just because you have had a few bad experiences don't discount an entire race because of a few bad seeds. I personally find nothing better than having a stong black brotha on my team, and I'm lucky to have one.

User Detail :  

Name : Denise, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 20, City : Indianapolis, State : IN Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Michael
    Participant
    I'm married to a beautiful black lady, I'm white. I think the answer to your questions is a combination of some of the answers that you have received already. One, growing up, society has pounded the definition of beauty in our heads. Also, and probably less of a reason but a reason none the less is that black women tend to be thicker then other women. A white guy that doesn't know or understand may think that this is big, not konwing that its normal and very attractive to black men. I didn't kow myself that I was doing these things subconscienciously untill my wife beat it into me and she was right. It's not usually their fault, it's just that they have no knowledge and understanding. It's your job to show them what a beautiful,black women can do :)

User Detail :  

Name : Michael, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 28, City : Jax, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Tech, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Moe20292
    Participant
    Men's taste probably vary depending on the race of the woman they are looking at. I know that my taste does. I find tall skinny black women attractive. I remember when I went to Florida and I saw so many tall skinny black women. I remember thinking that it was like some kind of paradise. On the contrary I am attracted to tall thick or athletic white women. Asian women, I think they look good when they are short and thin. Of course looks are not everything.

User Detail :  

Name : Moe20292, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Of many races but live as a black man, Religion : Christian, Age : 38, City : Portland, State : OR Country : United States, Occupation : Network Admin, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Matt
    Participant
    I like Black women and I always have. I think it is not natural for a woman to be too skinny. It is not attractive to be model thin and probably not healthy either. I don't care what the media tries to portray as being attractive I know what I like. Black women I think are more comfortable with their bodies than white women. I think if a man likes a woman he will be romantic and show courtesy no matter what the race is.

User Detail :  

Name : Matt, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 33, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Chuck D
    I think generally that most Foriegners automatically come to this country with the impression that white is right

User Detail :  

Name : Chuck D, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 32, City : Baltimore, State : MD Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.