White fear and prejudice

Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)
  • Author

AmyM
    Participant
    First of all, I'd be careful about basing my beliefs on anecdotal evidence. Those are, what, six or eight cases out of all the muggings that happen in the U.S. every year? There were probably other things those criminals had in common, such as drug use, poverty, bad families, etc... Second, I am a white female and lived in a predominantly black neighborhood in an economically marginal area for years and no one touched a hair on my head. On the contrary, I would walk down the street and people would greet me in a friendly way that I haven't seen in white communities in many years. The older people in particular were very warm and kind. I believe a major factor in triggering muggings such as you describe is *economic disparity.* If you look like you have money, you are more likely to be

User Detail :  

Name : AmyM, Gender : Female, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 42, City : Philadelphia, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.