White Strength in Numbers?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

R-Wagner
    Participant
    As a naive youngster, I wonder: How did the White Man achieve his supremacy in society? Greed? Avarice? Brilliance? A likely combination of these qualities?
    Original Code R571. Click here to see responses from the original archives. Click "to respond" below to reply.

User Detail :  

Name : R-Wagner, Age : 21, City : Mendoza, State : NA Country : Argentina, 

Briggs
    So many of the previous responses from white males noted that their domination resulted from the creation of weapons, i.e. they make war. Furthermore, they give themselves justification. They (whites) run out of room so go annihilate some other race. Shoot them, drug them, disease them, castrate them - it is OK. Where is the history of other races traveling to some other land and not trying to live beside them, but to dominate and destroy? Down to the unknown man responding to this site, they all seem versed and immersed in this belief that the only existence is depletion of anything different until there are no Kosovos left to destroy.

User Detail :  

Name : Briggs, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 34, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Technology analyst, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

John K.
    Participant
    As one of the white men who answered the question you are refering to, I wonder why you feel such a need to mischaracterize the responses. None of them attempt to justify the actions of the past. There is a difference between giving an explanation and a justification. Outlining the progression of European history as a means of explaining the Western European domination is not a form of advocacy. You state that all of the white male responders seem to be "versed and immersed in the belief that the only existence is depletion of everything different." None of the prior responses indicate this, so I do not understand why you would draw the conclusions that you have. If anything, your response implies a bias against white males, in that you seem to say that all white males feel a need to destroy that which is different. Is this really what you are trying to say?

User Detail :  

Name : John K., Gender : M, Age : 26, City : Cranford, State : NJ Country : United States, Occupation : Chemical Engineer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Elise25301
    Participant
    There is no such word as 'race' I have a doctoral degree, There is only one 'race' Human. There are different ethnicities.

User Detail :  

Name : Elise25301, City : Buffalo, State : NY Country : United States, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.