Which is the right one?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dean-M
    Participant
    With so many religions in the world, and each claiming to be the one true religion, how can intelligent people believe that the one particular religion they happen to have been born into is actually 'the one true religion'? Seems to be more a matter of geographical location than actual religious beliefs to me.
    Original Code RE2. Click here to see responses from the original archives. Click "to respond" below to reply.

User Detail :  

Name : Dean-M, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 48, City : Addison, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Marketing Manager/Musician, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle, 

Rico
    Let's compare religions. Christianity is the only one that isn't based on works. The higher the number of old ladies that I help across the street isn't going to get me to heaven. All other religions are based on works. Why would I want to believe in a religion that says that I must make a trek to the Holy Land to get to heaven. I prefer to believe that Jesus did all the work for me on the cross. Doesn't that seem much easier to you? Then when you believe in Christ he changes your life and you want to do good works for Him. Our salvation isn't based on good works, but on faith.

User Detail :  

Name : Rico, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Religious Science, Age : 21, City : Buckhorn, State : NE Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

ShirleyAvery
    Participant
    I dispute your statement that "when you believe in Christ he changes your life and you want to do good works for Him". I haven't seen a lot of proof of that in everyday life. I also know many "saved" Christians who are thoughtless and mean and very intolerant. Being kind, unselfish and charitable does not come naturally to most people. We have to WORK at it. It's not supposed to be easy; otherwise God would not have given us commandments. In all human endeavors, people need specific rules of correct behavior - in child rearing, baseball, playing the violin,etc. I've met too many Christians who use the "Jesus died for my sins" belief as an excuse for bad behavior or a copout to reject personal responsibility for their behavior. Good works means behaving with kindness, for

User Detail :  

Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

ShirleyAvery
    Participant
    Jews don't believe we are the only true relgion. That's why we're one of the few religions that do NOT seek converts. We believe there are many roads to God. I can respect your religious beliefs as long as they don't harm me. Why can't other religions do the same for us? Just Curious

User Detail :  

Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.