Which is easier?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Rhiannon30167
    Participant
    To lesbians and bisexual women: Aside from the discrimination you face, do you think it is easier for women to have relationships with other women than it is for women to have relationships with men?
    Original Code SO126. Click here to see responses from the original archives. Click "to respond" below to reply.

User Detail :  

Name : Rhiannon30167, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 28, City : Minneapolis, State : MN Country : United States, 

Jezebel R.
    Participant
    Aside from discrimination, which is a rather big deal, there are sheer numbers to think about, aren't there? If Kinsey's numbers are right, and many people admit they might not be, then 10 percent of the population is gay or lesbian, at the outside. If discrimination were not such a deterrent to people coming out, then maybe that number would be slightly bigger. Maybe if bisexuality weren't erroneously seen as being confused or fence-sitting, a large number of lesbians wouldn't automatically rule me out as a partner because of it. The reality is that there are a lot more straight or bisexual men to choose from than there are bisexual women and bi-friendly lesbians. So the simple numbers make it harder for me to find a female partner.

If your question is about whether or not dating women or having a relationship with women is easier than having a relationship with men, then my well-studied answer is an emphatic no. I am not bound by gender in my loves, so I can say that I have had equally good and equally bad relationships with both men and women. I've known women to be flippant about it, implying that somehow immaturity or difficulty communicating is a male trait, but if you so much as look around you, it's easy to see that isn't true.

User Detail :  

Name : Jezebel R., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, City : Duluth, State : MN Country : United States, 

Be-Be
    Participant
    For me I would say they are the same. With a women they understand me beter at times and when it comes to sex they know beter what women like. With a man I am able to get more security because it is historicaly that men are beter at protection and when it comes to sex they can do things a women can not.

User Detail :  

Name : Be-Be, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 23, City : Fort Walton Beach, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.