When’s an erection OK?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

TJE
    Participant
    Assuming there's some level of attraction, when is it OK for a guy to get an erection? During a hug? Slow dance? Kissing?

User Detail :  

Name : TJE, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 16, City : Bristol, State : CT Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Wayne24392
    Participant
    It isn't really a completely voluntary reaction. So if it happens during a slow dance, think of something decidely non-sexy and dont 'grind' her. Generally, it's OK if it can't be noticed by the general population, and if she isn't 'offended' by it.

User Detail :  

Name : Wayne24392, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Baptist, Age : 43, City : Parsippany, State : NJ Country : United States, Occupation : marketing, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Mesopp
    Participant
    If you want to behave as a gentleman, this is my response to your question: In the privacy of your own home, or another suitable private place, with the expressed desire and expressed consent of the woman you're with. If it's the dancing that turns you on, great. While at home, light some candles, play some choice music, (preferably something continuous like CDs to nix commercial interruptions.) Public boners are rude. Two people can't be truly 'intimate' in a crowd! When dancing in public, keep things neat, especially if you want to treat her like a lady. Self-control, like self-respect and self-confidence, are the sexiest and most appealing qualities a man can posses!

User Detail :  

Name : Mesopp, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Arthritic, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 43, City : Bedford, State : TX Country : United States, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 
    Dude, it's natural. Men get more than one erection every half hour. Don't feel strange about it; just be discreet.

User Detail :  

Name : Renie Rivas, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, 

Charley
    I find it interesting that you've been convinced something is wrong with what naturally occurs for men when they're sexually aroused, or at the very least that there are 'appropriate times' for an erection to happen. I suppose you could take the advice of your friends and avoid situations where an erection may occur outside of the bedroom, but to be honest, it's not you who has the problem, it's women and men with repressive ideas about sex who have the problem. Trying to appoint a specific time and place for a man to have an erection is like trying to appoint a time and place for women's nipples to get hard ... an impossibility, really. Enjoy life, and don't apologize for your body functioning exactly the way it's supposed to.

User Detail :  

Name : Charley, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 25, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : Student/Businesswoman, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Terri24705
    Participant
    An erection is ok at anytime, just use it wisely.

User Detail :  

Name : Terri24705, City : Porterville, State : CA Country : United States, 

Mike
    Participant
    When I was in my teens, I (and most other dudes) got erections at the drop of a hat. Hormones are pumping through your body as you develop, so expect erections during a hug, slow dancing, kissing, sitting down for a while, waking up in the morning, in the shower, etc. It's all natural so don't worry about it. Embarrassing erections can be difficult to deal with, though. A couple of embarrassing situations happened to me...I once got an erection while giving a speach in a class and was wearing very tight fitting jeans. Some girls were giggling and pointing at the very obvious tent in my pants. I shoved my hands quickly in my pockets and carried on, but was beet red from embarrassment. I was made fun of for a couple of days, but did my best to ignore it. The teacher pulled me aside the next day and advised me not to wear tight fitting pants or underwear, as these not only could cause erections, but make them more noticeable. In ninth grade when I was on the swim team, I got an erection in the showers after swim practice. I did my best to hide it. Again, red as a beet- standing naked in the corner, covering my crotch hoping that it would subside. Then I noticed the kid in the shower next to me discretely checking my erection out and getting hard also. We nervously talked, waiting for the other guys to leave the shower room then quickly grabbed towels and covered ourselves up as best we could- but someone noticed and rumors spread that we were gay. I ignored the teasing, but it was hard to deal with for a couple weeks after...

User Detail :  

Name : Mike, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 42, City : Ben Lomand, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

MH20626
    Participant
    Dude - at 16, I probably spent 3/4 of my waking hours with an erection and even more while asleep. Be discreet, but know that most healthy guys at your age don't need a dance, a kiss, or a hug to become aroused - you probably will find that you don't even need too high a level of attraction.. Males peak sexually at 17 or 18 (avg), so just go with the flow. Follow your values whatever they may be - but don't be afraid or embarrassed to be normal. If you are not active sexually, this is agreat opportunity to channel that hormonal energy to your benefit. If you are...enjoy prime time.

User Detail :  

Name : MH20626, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 36, City : Raleigh, State : NC Country : United States, 

Sydney Stein
    Participant
    Subject: When is it appropriate to sneeze? Reply: Dude, it's natural. Men get more than one erection every half hour. Don't feel strange about it; just be discreet. ------------------------------------ Randy, hopefully the instant outcome of a sneeze and the instant outcome of getting an erection are NOT the same. If so, you really do have an embarassing problem. But if so, just make sure you cover your 'nose' when you get an erection. . . at least with a kleenex.

User Detail :  

Name : Sydney Stein, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Disability : Chronic headaches, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Unity School of Christianity, Age : 47, City : Denver, State : CO Country : United States, Occupation : Canine Masseuse, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Chris
    You're lucky if you can control your erections to the point that they arrive when 'appropriate.' Many things - friction, seeing a beautiful body, a passing thought - can bring an erection. Don't feel badly about it, just be discrete. If a girl complains that you have an erection at a time deemed 'inappropriate,' explain to her that this is part of being a man, and that erections are involuntary responses.

User Detail :  

Name : Chris, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 24, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : student/teacher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

cuttergirl25231
    Participant
    it's natural. what are you gonna do, anyway? not like you can be reasonably expected to follow that kind of stupid rule. it's what happens. just so you don't got everyone noticing, and it doesn't offend the girl, it's quite all right. people need to get over it.

User Detail :  

Name : cuttergirl25231, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : younameit, Religion : Agnostic, City : middleo'nowhere, State : NA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Social class : Lower class, 
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.