What’s the ‘thrust’ of attraction to men’s butts?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Pedro
    Participant
    When a woman makes a comment about a guy's butt, what is she attracted to? When men check out a woman's chest and butt, usually we are associating them with specific sexual acts (fondling or holding). Is this the same for women and the male butt, i.e. holding it during a sexual act? My only guess is that a 'tight, firm' butt is associated with the thrusting during intercourse and is thus more desirable. The few women I've asked about this, though, said they weren't sure what it was that was attractive about it.

User Detail :  

Name : Pedro, Gender : M, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Age : 33, City : Easton, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Telecommunications, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Cindy
    You got me on this one, as I've never understood it, either. My thinking is that it's a way in which women can 'get back' at men for their remarks about our body parts. Seems like only men would really appreciate the 'cute butt' thing on another man, if you know what I mean. I do tend to look at the front side myself.

User Detail :  

Name : Cindy, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 42, City : Jaspe, State : AL Country : Venezuela, Occupation : accountant, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Amber31537
    Participant
    I like men's butts because they look good. And yes, I do think about squeezing them. I don't really think as far ahead as thrusting, though. I'm not sure if you're really speaking for all men when you say 'When we look at a woman's chest and butt, we associate them with specific sexual acts,' but a guy's butt is one of the last things I associate with sex. Hands and eyes are sexier.

Is it really true that a man can't appreciate a woman's beauty without thinking about bedding her? When you notice a woman with beautiful eyes but a so-so body, do you think about bedding her?

I like to admire young men's beauty (often just boys of 14 or 15), but I certainly don't think about sleeping with them. Ew. I'll also check out beautiful women, but I'm not gay, and I have no interest in sleeping with them. Is this a difference between men and women, or is Peter just unusually libidinous?

User Detail :  

Name : Amber31537, Gender : F, City : Barrow, State : AK Country : United States, 

Lynn22510
    Participant
    I appreciate the male form. I can't say why a man's huge pecs and butt are so great to look at, but they are. Some women may not tell you this, while other women will: A guy with a great body is a real head-turner.

User Detail :  

Name : Lynn22510, Gender : F, City : Lexington, State : KY Country : United States, 

Jamie
    I don't think there's any difference between men's attraction to women's butts and women's attraction to men's butts. I'm a man and I find women's butts extremely attractive and desirable, without actually wanting to touch them or thinking about specific sexual acts. I think most men and women feel this way about body parts of the opposite sex.

User Detail :  

Name : Jamie, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 26, City : Torbay, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : designer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

PeteR
    Participant
    Of course one can admire beauty in the human form. The underlying assumption in my question though was when women make comments about the male butt in a specifically sexual way. Not just for admiration. The same goes for when I said men look at breasts with acts in mind. I meant when they are looking at breasts in a sexual way, although that's not always the case. That said, let's be honest: I'd wager that most men who find a woman's body attractive would be sexually attracted to some degree as well. And while eyes, as well as personality attributes, can create sexual attraction, I doubt it would do so greater than other areas I mentioned. By the way, most men aren't as discriminating as the media would have you believe. Having a 'so-so body' doesn't mean we don't think about touching it.

User Detail :  

Name : PeteR, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Deist, Age : 33, City : Easton, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Telecommunications, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Stephanie
    Participant
    Ah, these are the eternal mysteries. There's an interesting article you may want to look at: 'Numerous studies indicate that human beauty may not be simply in the eye of the beholder or an arbitrary cultural artifact. It may be an ancient, hardwired, universal, and potent behavior-driver, on a par with hunger or pain, wrought through eons of evolution that rewarded reproductive winners and killed off losers. [...] You get the impression that we are all rats--reflexively unconsciously coupling according to obscure but immutable circuitry. But beauty researchers agree that, along with natural selection and sexual selection, learned behaviors are at least part of the attractiveness radar. In other words, there is room for individuality--perhaps even a smattering of mystery--in this business of attraction between humans.' Source: http://www.findarticles.com/cf_0/m1511/2_21/59164980/print.jhtml

User Detail :  

Name : Stephanie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 23, City : Norman, State : OK Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Butt Lover
    Participant
    It's an internal response for me. It's definitely a sexual turn on, and on some level I am thinking about how it would feel if we were intimate. It's lovely to be able to run my hand down a man's back and reach a firm butt. And it adds to the sensation of being close to each other because I can pull him close with a body part of his that is firm and delightful to the touch. To add to this, a firm body is attractive. I like to feel a firm body next to mine, to feel the contours of a man's body. A great butt is a fine addition!

User Detail :  

Name : Butt Lover, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : African-American/Caucasian, Age : 22, City : Oakland, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

DanielChapman
    Participant
    Lets look at this logically. Guys look at women in the boobs and butt department and often there hips. All these are signs of what an animal would do if looking for a mate for child rearing. this is the same for men. women look at specific anatomty to see if the mate is suitable. e.g. women look at a mans butt for power tonned muscles in a man are like the legs of a fast cheeter, the chest, woman look at this for Strength and the penis. some reason i think that this is also linked to power and the abillity to rear a child. The bigger the penis is the more strength it symbolises which women see as a better chance to child rear. (These are my veiws, i dont care if they are wrong or right)

User Detail :  

Name : DanielChapman, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Disability : None, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 29, City : Plymouth, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Social class : Lower class, 
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.