What do you think of black women?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Nicole
    Participant
    To all the white men out there: What do you think of black women? Would you ever date them? I don't see a lot of white male/black female relationships. What's up with that? Does it depend on our skin color, hair, eyes, personality, etc., and if so, what characteristics do you prefer? I don't mean high-yellow mulattoes. I mean normal African Americans with brown skin (even though most of us are mixed with something).

User Detail :  

Name : Nicole, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 19, City : Washington, DC, State : NA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Rick29887
    Participant
    I would never not date someone because of their race. I have never dated a black woman mostly because of a lack of opportunity. I have been around mostly white women in my life. I have known few black women personally that I would date because either we had nothing in common, one or both of us were already attached, they had no interest in me, or I did not find them attractive for reasons other than race. In order for me to date a black woman I would have to actively seek out a woman to date just because she's black. Not really fair to her.

User Detail :  

Name : Rick29887, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, City : Springfield, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Eric25208
    Participant
    I am only speaking for myself, but I simply don't find the average black woman attractive. I don't even feel attracted toward Tyra Banks or other black models. I know they are beautiful, but they are just not what turns me on. I would probably never date a black woman. One of the first things I notice about a girl is her hair, and most black women's hair turns me off. I think it comes down to what white men view traditionally as attractive qualities vs. what black men look for. Most white guys like a slimmer woman with delicate features, while black guys tend to go for more full-figured girls with a sort of lusciousness about them. I teach at an almost entirely black school where I am one of two white teachers. My closest friends there are all black, and they often joke about white women being too skinny or not having enough ass or breasts. I think it just comes down to what the two genders find attractive.

User Detail :  

Name : Eric25208, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 23, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Teacher, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Me
    Participant
    I have found that black women usually aren't interested in white men, although I have found them to be quite attractive.

User Detail :  

Name : Me, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 33, City : Seattle, State : WA Country : United States, Occupation : Telecom, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Scott-A28175
    Participant
    Keeping in mind that your question generalizes to all white men and all black women: to me, black women are more scary than black men. At least with black men I have in common the experience of maleness. Black (and Hispanic) women seem to me to be more unpredictable and more hysterical than white or Asian women. I can't say I would never date a black woman, but black women are not on my radar screen at this point.

There is an implication in your question that men only want a specific set of features in the women they date. Dating, to me, is not like choosing a car. I see that you are young. Perhaps you choose dates by criteria like hair and skin color. My main concern in all interpersonal relationships is connection: how do I connect with this person? I understand that this takes the power out of your hands, and out of the hands of any one person; neither you nor the other can any longer manipulate yourself to get the man or woman you want if this is the criteria. On the other hand, it frees both parties up to genuine relatedness.

User Detail :  

Name : Scott-A28175, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 42, City : Seattle, State : WA Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Tom24120
    Participant
    I think physical attractiveness doesn't have any racial boundaries, but cultural differences make things confusing. If you tend to listen to music and go to places and events that are dominated by certain racial groups, you will more likely date within that group. So unless you cross cultural barriers, you are more likely to be dating in your group. A black woman who likes to snowboard is more likely to date a white man than a black woman who sticks to activities that are more typically associated with blacks.

User Detail :  

Name : Tom24120, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Ben
    Participant
    I agree with your statement that the black guy/white girl couple is much more common than the white guy/black girl one. Why is this the case? I'm not exactly sure, but I'm sure there are many reasons. One thing I can say is that, in my experience, when I see a couple in which the girl is white and the guy is black, the guy can run the whole gammut from being the stereotypical big jock who wears Fubu type clothes, to the well-dressed professional, and the guy may be very handsome, or quite the opposite. However, most of the time when I see a couple where the guy is white and the girl is black, the girl is almost always very attractive, and usually very intelligent, well-spoken and well-dressed.

Do white guys only date the 'best' black girls? I don't know, but it seems common. As for my opinion of black women (as a white guy): while I tend to prefer white girls over other races, there are plenty of attractive women of all ethnicities. I like a girl who is 'thick but firm' and who has rounded facial features, big eyes and full lips. I also like a girl who isn't affraid to speak her mind and be assertive. So do I tend to find some black women attractive? You bet. I'm currently in a very happy two-year relationship with a white girl of Italian descent, but if we ever were to split up, I'd consider a black girl in a relationship the same as I would anyone else.

User Detail :  

Name : Ben, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 25, City : Morgantown, State : WV Country : United States, Occupation : salesperson, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Mark
    Participant
    I have only dated one black woman. I have never looked to date any specific race of woman; who I dated depended on who I met and enjoyed being with. What do I think about black women? It was no different than dating a white woman, outside of obvious physical differences. What I would look for in a black woman would be no different than what I look for in any woman - if I had to name one black woman who had all the traits I think are beautiful, it would be Janet Jackson.

User Detail :  

Name : Mark, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 42, City : Hartford, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Police Officer, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

ACC25078
    Participant
    I don't think I've ever seen a more bizarre (not to mention offensive, though I doubt you intended to) characterization of black and Latina women than yours, and I wonder if you could explain where it comes from, and what you base it on. Black and Latina women have a well-deserved reputation within their own communities for emotional strength, even greater strength than the men. Perhaps this is what 'scares' you, the fact that they are less submissive than the kind of women you prefer? Then again, Seattle does not exactly have a huge Latino population, so it would not surprise me if you are responding to the stereotypes you have seen in the media. Just try to think more rationally before you make such bizarre and offensive judgments in the future about groups you seemingly know or understand little about.

User Detail :  

Name : ACC25078, Gender : M, Race : Mexican and American Indian, City : Phoenix, State : AZ Country : United States, 

Nicole
    Participant
    You confused me a little. What do you mean by scary and hysterical? Maybe some examples will do. Do you mean we are crazy or something - and how is that? (I'm not offended or anything, just don't know what you mean.) I only meant that maybe white men only want a specific set of features in the black women they date, not women in general. I do not 'choose' by skin color, hair, eyes or anything, only by personality, and I mean that. I just wonder why white men tend to not be attracted to black women, because not all of us are the same. I am very much attracted to them (and every other color man on the planet), and I know that they are all different, so I don't shut them out or generalize by thinking they are all, for example, yuppies. But they (please excuse 'they' for lack of a better, more PC word) seem to think we are all the same and ignore us because of the few 'ghetto-acting' ones they may come in contact with, or better yet, see on TV. I may be young, but I understand the connection between two people that you talk about probably better than you do; I've experienced it. I just don't understand why so many men ignore me because of my looks, before a 'connection' can even be attempted to be established.

User Detail :  

Name : Nicole, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 19, City : Washington, DC, State : NA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

justin27073
    Participant
    i dunno. i havn't dated any black women, mainly because, outside of work, me and identifiably single black women seldom cross paths. i go to rock clubs and galleries. galleries, you'd think there'd be at least a couple, but they're realy an asian and white crowd. as far as hair goes, the short and natural look is real cute. i think two of the potential barriers continue to be: 1) it's not just the stereotypical 'ghetto acting' black women, but that black women on average seem to be more assertive than white women. we've all seen a black kid get cussed out by their mom. apply that to being late for movie night and you can see why white men, who are more used to dealing with passive agressiveness from white women, would find getting romantic with a black girl a daunting prospect (not just for her asssertiveness, but also because he'd have to become more assertive himself.). 2)the pathological need to avoid the race issue. were the world an island and only the two of us lovebirds perched atop, we could probably live forever in romantic sunsets unmolested by the cares of the outside world, but in reality, you have a cousin, friend, brother, or other close tie that thinks i'm robbing the gene pool or getting some 'slave sex' and i probably have more than a couple of friends who 'act wierd' or talk slang around black people and a close family relation who's genuinely hatefull of black people. so right away i don't want to expose you to my people and i don't want to be exposed to that cousin, friend, brother, uncle who's going to start out making a lot of 'observations' about the way i dress and talk and try to lure me into a stacked debate about what buisines i have being at your side. there are few things a white male can say honestly in any discussion of race without it being twisted into something evil. having considered these issues and discarded them as possibly legitimate but not important enough to preclude two people from loving, i'll say that one time i made out with a black girl at a party. it was great and it happened because it felt natural, and if i ever date a black girl seriously in the future it will be because it feels natural that we be together.

User Detail :  

Name : justin27073, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 28, City : chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Thomas M.
    Participant
    I love warm, attractive women. I have dated women of all races, and they are more alike than diverse. Dating black women comes with its own set of troubles. Black men who accept mixed couples only as long as the man is black are really trouble. I have had black men berate a date while dismissing my presence. If I loved a woman who satisfied my soul, hell would not keep me away, but mixed couples have a tough way to go.

User Detail :  

Name : Thomas M., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Old and White, Religion : Scientologist, Age : 57, City : Boyne City, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : proffessional, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Tisha24633
    Participant
    To follow up on this comment: <<<>>> Have you noticed that usually (not always, but often) the white girls who date black guys are larger, unattractive women. You know, the kind of women that would be refered to as 'white trash'. Maybe I am just sterotyping people based on what I've seen on talk shows. What do you all think?

User Detail :  

Name : Tisha24633, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 30, City : New Orleans, State : LA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Blue-Man
    Participant
    its not that we dont consider black women,but the fact many of us aren't exposed to them. i live in the suburbs and 95% of the town is white with a little bit of hispanics and barely any african americans. i also believe some black women carry themselves in a very improper manner, but that's just a generaliztion, its ofcourse not the same for every african american woman. i do however enjoy viewing tyra banks, beyonce knowles and halle berry.

User Detail :  

Name : Blue-Man, City : Windy City, State : IL Country : Venezuela, 

Shawn
    Participant
    Nicole, I will specifically answer your questions! Black woman are, in my opinion, the most beautiful female race by far, definately queens! I have travel the world literally and have dated probably every race of women and I will now only date a black women...because that is my preference and do not wish to settle for second! As for not seeing WM/BF couples...it is picking up in America but is more common outside of America...give it time, it will get better as we educate our children that race simply does not matter...true love does not have a color attached to it! For me it does not matter as to the skin color, hair, eyes as long as they are black or mixed with black. Personality definately matters...we all must find someone who treats us like we are #1, is genuinely a good person, and compliments us, not nescesarily completes us, in more ways than we could ever imagine...for me that just happens to be a black woman! I prefer a brown skin woman, nice features, green eyes would make me just worship her, if she has a pleasant singing voice is also a plus, ...thin/slender, toned, medium build (height/wieght proportionate)nice booty!!! I will marry a beautiful black woman who can can offer me just as much as I will give her...which is 100% of my heart and soul! Ladies...ya'll can hit me up on blackplanet.com... user name is sdodger!!! I have pics and would like to see what you look like in return!!!

User Detail :  

Name : Shawn, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Doesn't matter!!!, Religion : Methodist, Age : 29, City : Naperville, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Engineer, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.