What do you think about Alaska?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

DanielPfalmer
    Participant
    What do you think about Alaska? Do you see us as a bunch of Eskimos riding polar bears and living in igloos? That is an exaggeration but I have meet a lot of people in the lower 48 that think that Alaska is some crazy wilderness like they always portray us in the movies. What do you think?

User Detail :  

Name : DanielPfalmer, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 22, City : Fairbanks, State : AK Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Anita
    Participant
    I have a bit of a warped view, as I had the pleasure of visiting my Dad and his wife in AK when they were there for 8+ years. I found Alaskans to be VERY independent, somewhat rude in that they seemed very 'me' oriented and not really caring what others think of them; their social manners were lacking (in the way that, for example, they didn't say thank you at check-out or excuse me for various reasons). I took much of this to be that they go to AK for a different kind of life-style and they like to be self-sufficient. I also found out where many of the 'hippies' went in the early 1980s! For me, I can't imagine why someone would want to live so far from the 'rest of the world' and be willing to pay for the transportation to leave. The people that live in non-road-accessable tow

User Detail :  

Name : Anita, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 49, City : Indianapolis, State : IN Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

RobertD
    I went to Alaska last summer and I loved it. Seriously the most beautiful place I have ever gone. Before I visited I just envisioned a lot of snow and daylight (or darkness). But regardless its amazing. "Drugs are funny. We fought a war for our freedom and another for slavery. Then what do people do with their freedom? Become slaves..." -Sgt of Banton

User Detail :  

Name : RobertD, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, City : Memphis, State : TN Country : United States, 

Dot
    Participant
    And in fact have a cousin living there. Sadly, the introduction of Sarah Palin to the rest of the country, and the seeming re-election of seven-time convicted felon Ted Stevens has caused me to believe that Alaska is a deeply screwed up place. It makes me sad.

User Detail :  

Name : Dot, Gender : Female, Age : none, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

CherylM
    Never thought of it much until Sarah Palin came on the scene. Now I can't wait to visit !!!

User Detail :  

Name : CherylM, City : Orange Park, State : FL Country : United States, 
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.