What do you call a lesbian when…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jennifer30864
    Participant
    I was having a conversation with a friend the other day about the term I would use if I were dating another woman, and I would think if you are dating a girl and love her, then she is your 'girlfriend,' right? The word 'partner' just seems so cold and unendearing. What do gay or lesbian people think about this?
    Original Code SO128. Click here to see responses from the original archives. Click "to respond" below to reply.

User Detail :  

Name : Jennifer30864, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 18, City : Brooklyn, State : NY Country : United States, 

Latoya
    I came across that same dilemna. I'm seeing this woman, and I love her. Actually, I'm in love with her. I call her my girlfriend or my woman. I wish there was something else to go by that would differentiate our term of endearment from everybody else's. We're no different from straight people. Well, only in the same-sex area. We love alike in terms of the heart, so why can't we say our partner is our boyfriend/girlfriend? Go with that and if you come up with anything different, let me know.

User Detail :  

Name : Latoya, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : Black/African American, Age : 25, City : Bronx, State : NY Country : United States, 
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.