What do black women want?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Augustine23587
    Participant
    What she is like as a person --- irrespective of her race --- is what you need to be paying far more attention to. Is she straight from Nigeria or was she born and/or raised in North America? Nigerian culture (which also just happens to be black and African) is going to inform her preferences, not skin color per se. Skin color means nothing in itself, but culture does. Try to find out more about her and her culture. She will not expect you to be interested in Nigerian society, but if you are, she should find it a pleasant surprise. And she will certainly be able to tell that you like her --- that cuts across races and cultures. You're only 17; give it time and enjoy getting to know her. Good luck.

User Detail :  

Name : Augustine23587, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 40, City : Columbia, State : SC Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Zip
    For the first time in my life I really like a black lady with all my heart. I'm only 17, and so is she. I'm Italian and she's Nigerian. I met her about three weeks ago. My problem is I don't know what black ladies look for in a man or what they would like to receive as gifts. I don't know much about them, besides what I see on TV, and I know all that stuff on TV is bullsh--. I don't know how to act around her - the way I see some of my other black friends acting, well, 'black' around her, and she enjoys it. How should I act around her, and what should I do for her? I know that she's interested in me, too.

User Detail :  

Name : Zip, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Italian Canadian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 17, City : Vancouver, British Columbia, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : Student, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Marzet
    Participant
    What a black woman wants is for a man to be honest with her, communicate his feelings to her and make her feel special. If you tell her you like her and ask her out, and you are honest, she will sense it. It's best not to beat around the bush or expect her to guess what you want. Simply tell her how you feel, and if she does not respond, do not feel rejected or hurt. Maybe she just wants to be friends.

User Detail :  

Name : Marzet, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 47, City : St Paul, State : MN Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

Timothy-B
    Participant
    Dude, black women are just like any other women. They may take less bull than other women, but they are still women, and there's no telling what women want - much less black women in general. It is all about the individual; just be truthful and most likely everything will be fine.

User Detail :  

Name : Timothy-B, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Methodist, Age : 20, City : Bronx, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Ak28985
    Participant
    The problem appears to be that you are basing your opinion on the lady entirely on the fact that she is black. The main thing is to view her as an individual, there is no way to determine what black women like because each black woman is a different women, which is the case for anybody. You spoke about her enjoying the company of her black male friends, maybe she just enjoys the company of these male friends of hers who happen to be black. I'm a black male myself, and if I fell for an Italian girl, I would present myself as I am, and not feel obligated to match the way an Italian man(whom I'd seen)interact with her because again each Italian man is different so I can't use one as a standard. Plus, you're right about the media.Media representations of 'minorities', particularly black people are absolutely propoganda and bullshhh, besides if I could know somebody simply by reading a report or watching tv/movies/news or music, what would be the point of meeting 'these people.'

User Detail :  

Name : Ak28985, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Taoist, Age : 21, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Matt S.
    Participant
    Dear 17yr old Italian, I am white and only date black women because thats what i like. I recently got married to a woman who is from Ghana in Africa and just recently came to America. All i can tell you is be honest about your feelings and be your self, dont go trying to be something your really not. And if she does not like you for who you are then move on.Out of all the black women ive been with every one of them where diffrent and liked diffrent things.I hope I have shed some light on your situation. Good luck

User Detail :  

Name : Matt S., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 28, City : LA, State : CA Country : United States, 

Dominique
    Participant
    First, don't think that 'black' women want anything the same as a group. I imagine as a black woman i want very different things than other black women. What you need to do is find out what she, as an individual, wants. What she, as an individual, likes as gifts, etc. If you think she likes you, and always make sure under any cirucmstance, then I imagine she would want you to be youreslf. No one likes a person who is not being themselves, espeically a white guy who acts black. Never do that. That's one thing I know most black women wouldn't want. Respect her, as you should do every woman, and just be 'real' if you know what that means. Basically, honest, warm, and patient. Good luck!

User Detail :  

Name : Dominique, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Don't believe in religion, Age : 22, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.