What about the poor who work to stay poor?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Jess M
    Participant
    When i first moved to TX, and the farthest back I can remember, we were upper-middle class. We were one of the first families in our neighborhood with a computer. I never wanted anything else, I was fine......but then my 'rents split. Then my mom and dad just started working harder and getting more stressed out, and problems started. We went down in class, and I started noticing that I was getting poorer. I couldn't understand it! I was working my brains out and trying to stay ahead in school, but it got worse and worse. Now I'm in high school and I'm making straight A's, but I have no idea if I'm getting into college, and my mother is working overtime just to pay the bills. So this is my question, have we worked and gotten poor, or was I just a naive little kid who didn't realize that I was poor? Also, do people who ended up like me look down on richer people because they can afford nicer, better things ( i.e. clothing, video games, computers, cars, etc)?

User Detail :  

Name : Jess M, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Disability : ADHD, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 15, City : Saginaw, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.