Virginity’s importance

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Whitney L.
    To men and women: How important is virginity to you, and who and what made you think this way?

User Detail :  

Name : Whitney L., City : Sydney, State : NA Country : Australia, 

Michell20526
    Participant
    To me, virginity before marriage is very important. I regret having engaged in sexual behavior before marriage. My husband was in his late twenties when we were married, and he was also a virgin. This meant so much to me that he waited for me. (Yes, it was his choice). I never have to wonder if he has venereal diseases, or if he thinks about other women he has been to bed with. I consider his premarital virginity a very flattering gift. I only wish I would have done the same for him.

User Detail :  

Name : Michell20526, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 32, City : Dayton, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    Losing your virginity is like buying your first new car: It must be perfect. It opens the door to sex, which everyone loves to have. The first time is always the best feeling, and we all know feelings are gifts from God.

User Detail :  

Name : Ryan Morales, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Catholic, Age : 19, City : San Diego, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

S-Linsun
    Participant
    My parents taught me that females saved themselves for their husbands. But when I was young, I was curious, my hormones were boiling and I just couldn't wait. The only important thing seemed to be my selection - the lucky male had to appeal to me, and he did, plus more. He seemed to have valued my virginity more than I did because he hesitated and questioned my certainty. Our short affair ended abruptly on my part because of betrayal on his part. At that point, I deeply regretted giving my virginity to him.

Over the years, he approached me several times, with no success. My fortune teller told me that what he and I had was special, and that one day I was going to realize it and see that both of us had had a misunderstanding. At the time, I said, 'No way in Hell!' Sure enough, he had been successful on one occasion in voicing his point of view to me. But at that time, it did not really faze me because years had passed and he had a child with someone else. I couldn't understand why he still cared. Now, years later, I finally understand that he loved me and I had hurt him by standing him up one night, and blowing him off the next day. He felt I no longer liked him - but I was 12 and having fun with my friends.

All of this is to say I realize now how important my virginity was to him and that he had meant it when he said I was his forever and that no one would ever take that away from him. There's so much more to this story that it feels like some forces of nature have had a hand in this one. He has given me a change of heart and I am now glad he was the chosen one. Though we live separate lives, when we see each other, we share that special bond in our stare. If we get too close to each other, sparks begin to fly, and one of us must quietly leave the room before anyone gets hit. I wonder what made him value my virginity so much?

User Detail :  

Name : S-Linsun, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Age : 34, City : Hilo, State : HI Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Rachel30190
    Participant
    I think it's important to wait for the right time in your life, whether that be a wedding night or not. I waited to be really in love, and my boyfriend and I have been happily 'together' for more than two years. But, we were both almost out of college and knew and understood the possible consequenses of our actions. That is crucial; with the possibility of pregnancy and disease, you need to be willing to take the risk. If you are, then go for it. Making love is one of the best experiences I have ever had. Waiting for the 'right guy,' though, is what made it great.

User Detail :  

Name : Rachel30190, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Bi-racial Asian/Caucasian, Religion : Hindu, Age : 23, City : Hazel Park, State : CO Country : United States, Occupation : Manager, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Lara26210
    Participant
    Virginity has no importance to me. Even giving it a name annoys me. The idea that a woman is more virtuous before she has sex is ridiculous. That's not to say I don't think you should care about who you first have sex with - that is a different matter. But this idea that you lose something when you first make love is really pathetic. You gain something - a small bit of experience in what will eventually become an essential life skill.

User Detail :  

Name : Lara26210, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 25, City : Birmingham, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : librarian, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Russell H.
    I am a virgin by choice. I always felt ashamed about still being a virgin at 24, when most of my friends had 'lost' their virginity years earlier. I believe virginity should not be 'lost' but 'given' freely with love to the right person. I haven't found the right woman yet, and I will wait until I do. Now I'm proud of myself.

User Detail :  

Name : Russell H., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 24, City : Calumet, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Chris D.
    I have to agree with Lara that I don't buy into the increased virtue of being a virgin. I am especially bothered by the standard that is often played of a man being better if he is sexually experienced while a woman should remain untouched. People date different people to find someone compatible. Why should sex be excluded from this list of important characteristics that we check. I am happier that my girlfriend has experienced other men. It means that she is secure that I am the man she wants on all levels.

User Detail :  

Name : Chris D., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Atheist, Age : 32, City : Austin, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Production Management, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Dennis M
    Participant
    Virginity is like a time bomb, you have to get rid of it as soon as possible. Over the age of minority of course.

User Detail :  

Name : Dennis M, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 21, City : Markham, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : Systems Engineer, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

David
    Participant
    Speaking from the point of view of a virgin who is NOT saving himself for marriage, I can say that carrying that title annoys me. I don't view virginity as especially important to me. Like most people who are in my situation (that is, being unlucky), I've found myself at one point or another feeling a bit desperate. Hearing others speak so positively and enthusiastically about having sex merely has gotton me more curious about it, and I want to experience it for myself. But, since I have my standards and I want it to be just the way I've imagined it, I keep myself from becoming overly desperate and having sex with someone I don't care about.

User Detail :  

Name : David, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 26, City : New Orleans, State : LA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Melissa M
    Participant
    I believe that my viginity is very important to me. It gives me the feeling of purity and cleaness and there is not a greater feeling. When I do give my virginity away, I want to give it to a special person....MY HUSBAND!! I want to give it to someone I love and that I will be with for the rest of my life...I am encoureging you to keep it until marriage because I would want to give my significant other a gift that you couldn't ever give to anyone else...It is a commitment and I am glad that I haven't given mine away....And that I'm committed enough to wait!

User Detail :  

Name : Melissa M, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 15, City : Fort Collins, State : CO Country : United States, Occupation : Advertisment, Social class : Upper class, 

karl
    We should support the idea of virginiy among young people.

User Detail :  

Name : karl, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 22, City : Düßeldurf, State : NY Country : Germany, Occupation : lawyer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.