Vexed about vaginas

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Tory
    Participant
    Why do heterosexual and bisexual men alike criticize a woman's vaginal smells, as if they can't enjoy all aspects of the woman? I thought most men liked the natural, true smell of the vagina.

User Detail :  

Name : Tory, City : Miami, State : FL Country : United States, 

Gregory-H21585
    Participant
    There is a difference between the smell of a vagina, and the smell of a STANK vagina. I would surmise that most people would object to the 'natural' (i.e. unwashed) smell of a vagina. But if the girl is clean and takes care of herself, the scent (not funk) is quite a turn-on.

User Detail :  

Name : Gregory-H21585, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 22, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : law student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Cynthia W.
    It is called mysogyny, the hatred of women. Normal straight men like the smell. And if anyone has bothered to notice, women take much better care of themselves than men do; men have lots of smells all over that women don't complain about just because we've been taught to keep our mouths shut. Also, don't think you have to douche - that's a lie perpetuated by the companies making douches. Your vagina is self-cleaning.

User Detail :  

Name : Cynthia W., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 38, City : Denver, State : CO Country : United States, Occupation : Computer Programmer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Justin
    Participant
    Is complaining about the smell of and/or making silly jokes about genitals really 'mysogyny' or 'hatred of women'?

User Detail :  

Name : Justin, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 26, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : file clerk, 

Monica A.
    Participant
    I think it has something to do with the fact that men are clowns and want to have something funny to joke about. I'm sure there are women who have an odor, mostly from a yeast infection or something similiar, but for the most part your vagina should stay clean and odor free. It is fact that it is more harmful to douch considering you are washing away natural body fluids. It is 'self-cleaning' as put before. You actually increase risk of infection with the douch. Don't be alarmed by men and their antics. Get with a mature male and you won't have any problem!

User Detail :  

Name : Monica A., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 23, City : Ft. Worth, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Mom, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 

Chaz
    Tory, Guys, like girls, are a product of their upbringing. If they grow up in an atmosphere in which sex organs are considered 'dirty' and 'smelly' then they are likely to continue that prejudice through their lives. If they grow up in an atmosphere in which sex organs are considered natural and normal, they're likely to like the look and smell. Actually, I grew up in an environment in which sex organs weren't mentioned under any circumstances. So I had to develop my own attitudes. And I LOVE the look and smell and TASTE of a woman! Chaz

User Detail :  

Name : Chaz, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 50, City : Kansas City, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Internet/computer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Charles32263
    Participant
    The vagina is like any other place on the human body where flesh meets flesh - sweat and oil build up, as well as, in this case, the vagina's own sweet fluid. Like any of these other places, this goes from odorless, to piquant, to stinky the longer we take from bath to bath. The vagina needs to be cleaned like any other body part, but it doesn't need to be flooded out with harsh chemical mixes. Douche=bad, shower=good. Final note, guys - it's just like your armpit. It's the dried and old stuff that starts to smell. If it really affects you, there's only one thing to do that doesn't offend - get some fresh flow running...

User Detail :  

Name : Charles32263, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 24, City : Albuquerque, State : NM Country : United States, Occupation : Architect, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.