Unshaven women a turn-on in Europe?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Djoanna
    Participant
    Which European country believes women who have not shaved their armpits or legs are considered sexy by men? What is the essence that make these women more appealing? Is hygiene an issue?

User Detail :  

Name : Djoanna, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Catholic, City : Melbourne, Victoria, State : NA Country : Australia, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

PappaJerry
    Participant
    If hygiene were an issue, men would shave their armpits, too.

User Detail :  

Name : PappaJerry, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 66, City : Tampa, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

c.t.
    Participant
    I've traveled in Ireland, England, France, Spain, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany (obviously), Denmark, Bulgaria, Romania and Poland. I have encountered 'hairy' women in German-speaking countries and former Eastern Block countries - where they are considered to be completely 'natural' - but the majority of women now shave their legs and armpits in all the above listed countries. I would not say they are considered 'more appealing.' I must confess I do not understand the part of your question about hygiene, because to me shaving the armpits is a matter of aesthetics and not hygiene. I am, however, also aware of the feminist position according to which hairlessness is part of a pre-pubescent body in Western culture and thus a shaved (artificially hairless) beauty ideal propagates an image of women as sexually (and by implication mentally) immature, and adolescent. But personally, I think the 'unnaturalness' of shaving body hair is part of a great many 'unnatural' things termed 'culture' and 'beauty.'

User Detail :  

Name : c.t., Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Atheist, Age : 32, City : Munich, State : NA Country : Germany, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

L-SANCHEZ26165
    Participant
    YEAH I HEARD ABOUT THAT. I'M SORRY I CANT BE SPECIFIC IN MY ANSWER BUT I DONT FIND IT SEXY AT ALL. ITS OK BEHIND CLOSED DOORS BUT NOT IN PUBLIC!! I THINK ITS GROSS!

User Detail :  

Name : L-SANCHEZ26165, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Christian, Age : 17, City : SAN DIEGO, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : ADMINISTRATOR, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 

Mary21962
    Participant
    hygiene is not an issue. none of my boyfriends have found me any less sexy or beautiful because i don't shave. women shaving was invented only to sell more razors. there is no useful purpose for a woman to shave. (note: i'm an american)

User Detail :  

Name : Mary21962, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Orthodox Christian, Age : 19, City : Austin, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Doug
    Participant
    Well, I'm not sure about now, and the need to shave or lack of. But, here's an interesting fact. In ancient Rome, everyone, both males and females shaved their entire bodies. To them, body hair was considered barbaric.

User Detail :  

Name : Doug, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 30, City : Westland, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Telecommunications, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Barry Levy
    Participant
    France and Germany seem to look favorably upon women who are not in the habit of shaving their underarms and legs. I've noticed some Carribean countries and women from India also have a proclivity for not shaving. I happen to find it most attractive. Not to excess, but some hair under the arms and on the legs is very sensual. It indicates to me a thinking, questioning woman, a certain independence of thought that I also find very appealing. Women shouldn't have to be held by the pseudo-fascist standards of the fashion and cosmetic industries. Diversity is the natural order of life, not conformity.

User Detail :  

Name : Barry Levy, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 53, City : Brooklyn, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Grant writer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Hanno
    Participant
    Hello! It is only a legend in USA that European women don't shave! Since maybe 20 years more and more women started to shave and today nearly all women under the age of 60 do. In my age (21) I know only on a little bit hyppie-woman who doesn't shave. I am a man from Germany and dislike unshaven women because of asthetics AND hygiene. Shaving armpits and pubic area is for hygiene, shaving legs for asthetics and a sensitive feeling. I like a shaved pubic area more, too. It can be copletely shaved or with a strip or little triangle, but NOT a big bush! I hate this. This is unhygienic! By the way, I shave my armpits, breast and pubic area, too. Nowadays many man in my age do it because many young women in Germany like shaved men because of hygiene and asthetics. That's ok for me. I like shaved women and they like shaved men. Both partners shave. That's fair. But no men in Germany shave their legs! I have talked with many women about this theme and most of them prefer unshaven legs for men. Best wishes, Hanno

User Detail :  

Name : Hanno, Gender : M, Age : 21, City : Wolfsburg, State : NA Country : Germany, 
    Hygiene is NEVER NOT an issue. Whether a woman chooses to use deodorant to mask or hide her natural scents produced by the Apocrine Glands has much to do with her appeal to men (or woman) both consciously & subconsciously. Hair was needed to collect, & disperse her powerful Pheromones from her glands to attract a mate. I'm thinking it was those campy Frenchmen with their waxed mustaches, table wine, & lax moralistic backbone or it could have been due to the demise of their business infrastructures after WWII practically obliterated the economy. It seems odd to me to say the least, when I see or hear hardcore fetishists, shriek! when they talk about 'smell.' Craving 'BD/sM,' 'Branding,' 'Piercing,' 'Humiliation,' 'Strap-ons ' 'Slapping,' but when they hear 'Scents' they turn white & the theatrics begin! Usually followed by gurgling responses, i.e., 'Oooh...Gross me out!' or 'That is TOTALLY gross!' Why the drama? You'd think it's the harshness of the word 'smell' or what it As if any thing akin to the word smell, will surely be looked at negatively just by the sheer weight of the word... During sex, your redolent emanations from your erogenous zones unleash your intoxicating Pheromones, inducing an unbridled animalistic fury which NO 'blue tablet' can, we've lost control. Hearing the word 'smells!' it doesn't matter whether we love'm or hate'm, smells have their subconscious effect on us, regardless of what we think. I know you've heard that the sense of smell is 10,000 times as strong as hearing or sight. Here are a few more fun facts: * The average human being is able to recognize approximately 10,000 different odors. * People recall smells with a 65% accuracy after a year, while the visual recall of photos sinks to about 50% after only three months. * Your nose can smell directionally, telling you where an odor originates. * The best one follows! A woman's sense of smell is keener than a man's. Women have a better sense of smell than men due to higher levels of the female hormone estrogen, known to activate the olfactory receptors. A woman can detect the odor of musk-a scent associated with male bodies - better than any other odor. When estrogen levels peak during ovulation, a woman's sense of smell is most acute & can detect musk 100 to 100,000 times more keenly than during menstruation. Well, it really doesn't matter, because the nose is always there, well ahead of us!

User Detail :  

Name : Dantia Konntakte Flores, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Wombats, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Secular Humanist, Age : 31, City : Vancouver, State : WA Country : United States, Occupation : MSE, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

glenn
    Participant
    you all rock!

User Detail :  

Name : glenn, City : sf, State : CA Country : United States, 

ToreB
    I have never -in my 31 years on this planet- heard someone call the unshaven look sexy. I'm sure there are some who do, but it certainly isn't common

User Detail :  

Name : ToreB, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Disability : aspergers, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 31, City : Naestved, State : NA Country : Denmark, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.