Tongue-pierced reaction?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Anna
    Participant
    I have a tongue piercing. In all other respects I look totally 'conventional.' I am curious as to what your reaction would be if you saw it and me, and how it might affect your perception of me and others with such a piercing.

User Detail :  

Name : Anna, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 19, City : London, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Monique20333
    Participant
    If I were to see you with a tongue piercing I wouldn't think anything of it because a piercing is just a piercing and doesn't make a person nor define them. I have seen young people with body piercings, but not too many with tongue piercings. It's never changed my perception of them, and I never judged them as troublesome or as lawbreakers, because that's what they wanted and it has nothing to do with character. Employers in general refuse to hire anyone with body piercings, which shouldn't be an issue if it's in moderation. However, I wouldn't treat a person badly because of their piercings. I haven't in the past. They're trying to do their own thing, and it shouldn't be an issue.

User Detail :  

Name : Monique20333, Gender : F, City : Ft. Myers, State : FL Country : United States, 

Aaron
    Participant
    If I saw you I would think you liked to have oral sex. Isn't that what tongue piercings are for?

User Detail :  

Name : Aaron, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 31, City : Palo Alto, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Customer Service Rep, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Doug25665
    Participant
    The only thing that runs through my head is Ow! Doesn't that hurt? I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area, and it got to the point that if you DIDN'T have multiple piercings and tattoos, people would look at you oddly.

User Detail :  

Name : Doug25665, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : New Age/Metaphysical, Age : 39, City : Phoenix, State : AZ Country : United States, Occupation : Administrator, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Steve27700
    Participant
    If I saw you with a tongue piercing I would think there is some lucky dentist out there who is going to be driving a fancy sports car some day off your teeth. Not only do tongue piercings physically damage teeth, they make it nearly impossible to keep bacteria down. Hope you are keeping an eye on denture ads, because you will be wearing them.

User Detail :  

Name : Steve27700, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 46, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Corporate Climber, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

hey!
    I could never do that, and I really respect anyone who could. That has got to hurt, but besides that, as long as you talk normal, it wouldn't bother me.

User Detail :  

Name : hey!, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 16, City : hollywood, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Jahny
    explain to me why something on the tongue is going to physically damage the teeth.

User Detail :  

Name : Jahny, City : Chestnut Ridge, State : NY Country : United States, 

Simone-P28005
    Participant
    My tongue is pierced, too. I don't think there is anything wrong with it, even though my mom was mad, but she got over it because I was living with my sister and she couldn't do anything about it. A lot of people think I got it because I want to give somebody oral sex. First of all, I don't get down like that - I just think it looks cute on me. I wouldn't jump to conclusions if I saw you and your pierced tongue. It's none of my business why you got it unless you tell me.

User Detail :  

Name : Simone-P28005, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 18, City : Albuquerque, State : NM Country : United States, 

Ashley-L23499
    Participant
    I'd think nothing of it. I have one, and so do a lot of my friends. I think it's just another thing to make people feel like an individual. And if someone wants to judge you on it, then they have issues. Also, it's not for oral sex, at least not for the people I have met.

User Detail :  

Name : Ashley-L23499, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 14, City : Deltona, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : High school student, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Sean
    Participant
    I wouldn't think anything of it. My wife has a tongue piercing and although I think it is pretty cool, I wouldn't do it myself.

User Detail :  

Name : Sean, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 32, City : Brownsville, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : dish installer, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    You probably give oral, definitely if you have a tongue ring, no matter what your outward appearance may be.

User Detail :  

Name : K. Koffie-Lart, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 19, City : Silver Spring, State : MD Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Jamie
    With the exception of ear piercings, which are traditional, I generally see piercings as a form of self-mutilation by people who are depressed, frustrated or have low self-esteem - although I accept that in some cases it's a purely artistic expression. Regarding tongue piercings specifically, I group them in the category of sexually motivated piercings, along with nipple and genital piercings. When I see a woman has a tongue piercing, it makes me suspect that she's hornier or kinkier than average and perhaps not so innocent. This, combined with its subtlety, makes it the only piercing that I find attractive and acceptable.

User Detail :  

Name : Jamie, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 26, City : Torbay, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : designer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

J21152
    Participant
    Fifteen years ago (that's three years before I got one of my own, and nine years before I finally took it out), I would have thought 'Cool. She must be a badass.' Now? I think, 'fashion takes every authentic statement and renders it pointless.'

User Detail :  

Name : J21152, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 34, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Healthcare, Social class : Middle class, 

Tabii
    Participant
    Since you look totally 'conventional' otherwise, I would assume you got it to be like all your other friends who also have a piercing to follow the same trend. I have a tongue piercing, but I'm also not conventional, and I didn't stop at a small, non-visible piercing. You keep following your trend, honey, and don't let anyone tell you what to do.

User Detail :  

Name : Tabii, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 18, City : Fort walton Beach, State : FL Country : United States, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Dave25966
    Participant
    Quite honestly, first impressions mean a lot. Period. People can deny it, but it's just a fact of life. Looking at someone with anything other than ears pierced, those people (at least to me) are looked upon less than the same person without a piercing. I wish I could say it doesn't bother me at all, but it does, and I bet it does many people. If I were a hiring manager, with two identical candidates, one not pierced, the other pierced, with all things being equal, which one do you think I (and many people) would hire?

User Detail :  

Name : Dave25966, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 48, City : Bristol, State : CT Country : United States, Occupation : IT Industry, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.