Those naughty Catholic girls

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Michael
    Participant
    I had to laugh when I read where the poster was from because I know a wild girl from that area, although I don't think she was as bad as two or three partners a week. The whole Catholic thing is repression. In many cases, instead of being raised with the mindset that sexuality is healthy and normal - though something that is special and should be controlled - there is a great mindset of negativity. It is from this that an unhealthy attitude develops that sometimes manifests itself to the other extreme, where excessive sexual behavior results as a kind of backlash. This often happens when young people leave home for the first time (i.e. college). And yes, I can say all this from experience because I grew up a socially moronic Catholic who had no idea how to have a positive male-female relationship when I got to college. I did not become promiscuous, but I know many people who did because of their negative backlash against their upbringing.

User Detail :  

Name : Michael, Gender : M, Age : 30, City : Manassas, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : History teacher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Susan
    Participant
    It seems like I know a very high percentage of single Catholic girls who are very promiscuous. I'm talking having two to three different partners each week. Maybe I hang with bad company, but does anyone else ever notice this? And if so, why? Especially when Catholicism dictates no premarital sex...

User Detail :  

Name : Susan, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 35, City : Thousand Oaks, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Barb
    Participant
    I was brought up by strict Catholic parents who never talked about sex. My mom believes sex is reserved for reproduction and that it is not for recreation - and, of course, you must be married to have it. I wanted to save myself until I fell in love, but I couldn't wait and decided to explore after college. I think being raised to be sexually repressed made me more rebellious and promiscuous, but I'm glad I sowed my oats. Now I'm monogamous, but I don't think sex is dirty and bad like my mother still believes.

User Detail :  

Name : Barb, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 30, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : professional, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Rick29765
    Participant
    Where exactly do these women hang out? Seriously, maybe they are making up for things missed while in parochial school, living with strict parents, etc. Also, they can just go to confession, and all will be forgiven. Perhaps, too, they just talk about it more than non-Catholics.

User Detail :  

Name : Rick29765, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist/lapsed Catholic, City : Springfield, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

John
    Participant
    I believe it has more to do with upbringing and education about sex while growing up. You think Catholic girls are promiscuous?!? I spent the last 15 years living in Atlanta (comparatively few Catholics) and have found that women brought up in a strictly Baptist household were absolutely wild once they left home. Even in high school down here in Florida, the most promiscuous girl was the daughter of Fundamentalist preacher. It seems to be more about the atmosphere in which the sexual education and attitudes were developed, not a particular religion. Also, please do not blame the Church for the failure of some of its members. The Catholic Church does not preach or condone sexual repression, though many priests and nuns have done so of their own accord in a misguided attempt to educate the young. Unfortunately, that has impacted not only those children, but their offspring and families, as well.

User Detail :  

Name : John, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 35, City : Coral Springs, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Matthew21837
    Participant
    I do attend a catholic high school, and I will verify that their are some naughty (and some down right dirty) gals. On the other hand, on the Jerry Springer show you see all these southerners (presumably baptists, and born-agains) every day. My thinking is that catholics are judged more harshly because people put them on some kind of a moral pedistal and wait for them to fall.

User Detail :  

Name : Matthew21837, City : St. Louis, State : MI Country : United States, 
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.