The right Muslim wedding gift…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Connie D.
    I've been invited to attend a wedding of two people born in Jerusulum who are Muslim. I have never been exposed to the traditions of their religion and don't want to do or say anything inappropriate or hurtful. The wedding is here in the States, but they are a very traditional family. What would be an appropriate wedding gift?

User Detail :  

Name : Connie D., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Unitarian, Age : 44, City : Adrian, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : secretary, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Sandra
    Almost any gift you would give to any other religion is appropriate for a Muslim wedding. If this is a very religious family, obviously a teddy for the wedding night isn't appropriate, but it rarely would be for any religious family...regardless of the religion. My standards for a wedding gift tend to be silver platters and the like (doesn't matter the religion of the receiver).

User Detail :  

Name : Sandra, Gender : F, Religion : Muslim, City : SLC, State : UT Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

N.A
    Participant
    There are no real 'wrong gifts' to give (pork, alcohol and other drugs excepting!). Surely a toaster, coffee-maker or other such regular wedding gifts will suffice?

User Detail :  

Name : N.A, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Muslim, Age : 19, City : Nottingham, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : University student, Social class : Middle class, 

k.d.
    maybe you could get them something like a display of flowers or plant life. that shouldn't be too offensive.

User Detail :  

Name : k.d., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : learning disabilities, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Wiccan, Age : 24, City : shaker heights, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : city year corps member, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.