The long and short of black males’ fingernails

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lucy-H22647
    Participant
    I know several guys who have long fingernails, including my boyfriend. I think that black people tend to have stronger nails than white people, which is why you notice longer fingernails on black men. My boyfriend has nails of steel - I should be so lucky - and he trims them often. They just keep growing. His pinky nail is very long, and no, it it not for snorking coke. He just lets it grow until it breaks to see how long it will get. I'm sure some people grow the pinky nail long for that purpose, but don't assume that's what it is for.

User Detail :  

Name : Lucy-H22647, Gender : F, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Age : 24, City : San Jose, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Engineer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Heather
    Why do I see so many black men with long fingernails? Sometimes it is just the pinky nail (which I assume is for snorting coke), but other times all the nails are long on both hands. Why is this?

User Detail :  

Name : Heather, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 26, City : Edison, State : NJ Country : United States, Occupation : Marketing Analyst, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Sharon28097
    Participant
    Why do you automatically assume that a long fingernail is for snorting coke? Do you have experience in snorting coke that would lead you to believe this? I have never seen this on a Black Person. Although, I did see it on a White Male once in a grocery store. Does it mean he snorts coke or that he is gay or that he is just being an individual? Maybe he just liked it.

User Detail :  

Name : Sharon28097, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 27, City : Ann Arbor, State : MI Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

K.R.
    I hope the parenthetical statement you made in reference to snorting coke was done in jest. If not, I hope you use more caution in the future when making assumptions about people who are different from you. I never knew of a correlation between drug abuse and fingernail length (not to mention race and fingernail length), but that's not to say there is no association there. All I'm saying is that you should use reason when making any kind of judgement, and not hastily made assumptions.

User Detail :  

Name : K.R., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Christian, Age : 22, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.