The attraction to vehicles in car shows

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Jennifer
    Participant
    Why are teens so attracted to cars in car shows? Please give as many details about this interest as possible.

User Detail :  

Name : Jennifer, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 17, City : Lawton, State : OK Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Upper class, 

Matthew
    Participant
    It is very simple. Cars represent freedom to teens. It is a way to get away from the confines of their parents.

User Detail :  

Name : Matthew, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 45, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, 

John C. Smith, Jr
    Participant
    As the father of a 15 year old male he informs me constantly of this generations ' I, Me' attitude among young men and women. There are many of this generation who have been given many material things since parents cannot spend as much time with their kids. It is because of this mentality that young ladies want their own phones and young men want their own 'hot' cars to attract the women they find interesting. It seems to be a form of communication among teens to say: see what I have rather than see what kind of person I really am.

User Detail :  

Name : John C. Smith, Jr, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 46, City : Richmond, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : Transit Supervisor, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Johnson29357
    Participant
    It's because of all those sexy booth babes at the show!

User Detail :  

Name : Johnson29357, City : Canmore, State : NA Country : Australia, 

Matt
    Participant
    I'm not a teen anymore, but I am definitely into cars. At the moment, I'm trying to turbocharge a Dodge Dart and build a race car out of a clapped out Mercury Capri. Let me see if I can explain why I'm crazy about cars. Part of it is that I'm sort of the kid who never outgrew taking things apart. Before I got my hands on a car of my own, I was disassembling things like clocks and joysticks. I'm interested in all kinds of machinery and figuring out how they work - and how to make them work better. Then there's the lure of the open road. Acres of open asphault before me, the freedom to set out for wherever I want to be. And how to get there can be as important as the destination. That's probably a holdover from the family vacations when I was little where my family would drive every time we went on vacation - even if the trip was from Georgia to Wyoming. And then there's the addiction to speed and the challenge of competition. Nailing the gas pedal and being pinned back in the seat, or the G-forces of screaming around a corner with the tires close to their limit of adhesion. And the challenge of beating another driver - or one's own best time in the quarter mile.

User Detail :  

Name : Matt, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 25, City : Oxford, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : Engineer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Ray-M
    Participant
    It is simple. Auto manufacturers target teens from the age of 13 on (I've been in marketing research 4 years and seen many domestic corporations studying this) and promote the vehicles as a means of freedom and being 'cool','in','powerful' and fulfilling social needs as in 'Drive=Love'. A physical object such as a car in reality does not fulfill any of these human needs and wants. If it does, then there are matters in our society that are opressing and harming every one of us as individuals.

User Detail :  

Name : Ray-M, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Oak Park, State : IL Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

Dan27132
    Participant
    As for cars that are in car shows, such as classic cars, hotrods and lowriders; quite frankly, Honda Accords are rather boring. A car that somebody put long hours of blood, sweat, tears and hard-earned cash into in order to make a rolling artwork of Detroit Steel is much more of a sight to behold! And to drive!!!

User Detail :  

Name : Dan27132, Gender : M, Race : Chicano, Religion : Pentecostal, Age : 23, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Future Social Scientist, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Kim
    tsk tsk tsk.. i dont know about other teenagers.. but i know that i love beautiful cars.. because theyre just that.. beautiful.. they're well made.. theyre powerful machines.. and theyre something to gawk at.. specially at car shows where theyre on display... i went to one recently and it felt like i was the only young person there.. it was mostly middle aged men.. so i don't really know where you got that from..

User Detail :  

Name : Kim, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 17, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Secretary, Social class : Middle class, 

Tina24612
    Participant
    They just look so cool! and We know we probably can't drive them anytime soon so we need to drool over them at the car show!:) and plus, its a good place to waste film

User Detail :  

Name : Tina24612, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 17, City : waukesha, State : WI Country : United States, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, 

Brad
    from first hand experience and entering and attending car shows that its all about the car, and how much money is put into it. i Own a 1999 chevy s-10 with over 45,000 dollars invested in it and im still going. i took second place at indianapolis truck bash this last summer. and wipe away the competition at area car shows. so basically it is to see how much time and money someone has invested into something to make it so treasurable. i know i love my truck with a passion and dont plan on getting rid of it anytime soon.

User Detail :  

Name : Brad, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 18, City : Maroa, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Student, farmer, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Graham21536
    Participant
    For me it's just something that ive always been attracted to. Since i was little i always was trying to figure out how my toys worked and was fascinated by cars planes, trains etc. For me my tastes havent changed, just the price of the toys. I still tinker with everything i can get my hands on and cars are no different. I dont think this is limited to just teens, however, there are plenty of people of all ages at car shows. But being at the age of just recently having the ability to drive plays a big factor in my opinion. For me i know i will always gawk at a car that i think is cool. I think its part of the american culture as well. We want something better bigger and faster. So when we see that object, whether it be a car or any other tangible thing, we admire it and sometimes envy its owner or maker.

User Detail :  

Name : Graham21536, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 17, City : Kirkland, State : WA Country : United States, 

Ben There
    Participant
    Cars are the latest form of artistic expression for teens. Not only are they symbolic of freedom, but the are canvasses for those fascinated by machines or anything shiny. Art in the tradition sense is no longer as 'fast paced' as they used to be. Sculpture is now found in Civics, 350Zs, Evos, and whatever else they can get their hands on.

User Detail :  

Name : Ben There, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 22, City : Columbus, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : Interpreter, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Brad
    Participant
    This question for me is simple because I grew up in a family that is fanatic with cars and car shows. The reason I see the shows to be so interesting is because it is a way for the youth to express themselves. Anyone you talk to has some thing that they have done that expresses themselves. Cars shows are the same idea as an art show (in some cases very similar)the cars in a car show express the personality of their maker and to see what others have created gives teens a sense of confidence that they too can create something as amazing as what they see. Some like to look to give themselves ideas on what they would like to do with their own cars in the future. Some just want to express themselves. Maybe the question that i should ask you is would you rather have them spend money on drugs and alcohol, or put their passion into a work of art that they can call their own that expresses their own sense of what is great and amazing?

User Detail :  

Name : Brad, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 19, City : Fargo, State : ND Country : United States, 
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.