The Theory of Evolution

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

J-Williams
    Participant
    Do some Christians, Baptists, etc. believe in evolution? And why do most creationists (mainly fundamentalists) close their ears to the idea of evolution? Can they not accept it as God's way?
    Original Code RE93. Click here to see responses from the original archives. Click "to respond" below to reply.

User Detail :  

Name : J-Williams, Religion : Quaker, City : Williamsburg, State : VA Country : United States, 

C.S.
    Participant
    The Bible never refers to man evolving from an animal. It states that God created Adam and Eve (man and woman).

User Detail :  

Name : C.S., Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 16, City : Shelby, State : NC Country : United States, Occupation : High school student, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Yahmdallah24327
    Participant
    Yes, most mainstream Christians accept the theory of evolution as a valid theory. Baptists, on the whole, would not, however. They believe the Bible is the literal truth all the way through, so they believe that Adam was the first man, brought to life as a full human by the hand of God - which runs counter to evolution. However, most 'unfundamentalist' Christianity views the creation story as allegorical and not literal, and so evolution is an acceptable, well-supported scientific theory. I think even the Pope of Roman Catholicism has stated that the theory of evolution seems valid. Creationism is viewed as the bad science and total fiction it is by everyone but the fundamentalists.

User Detail :  

Name : Yahmdallah24327, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Presbyterian, City : Castle Rock, State : CO Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Rico
    I am a Christian and I don't believe in evolution because the Bible is God's word and it's truth. So, when the Bible tells me that God created all that's in the earth, I believe. A true Christian cannot believe in Evolution because it's not Biblical and this belief pulls people away from worshipping the creator to worshipping things that have 'evolved.' And from all the research that I've done on the subject, I can't understand how so many people preach evolution. It takes more faith to believe in evolution than it does to believe in God. There are many organizations around the world that are offering cash to anyone that can provide one piece of evidence that evolution happend or is happening. They haven't yet had to pay out anything, and I doubt they ever will.

User Detail :  

Name : Rico, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Religious Science, Age : 21, City : Buckhorn, State : NE Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.