The Mystery of Creation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Marc22351
    Participant
    My father was a biology teacher. I learned a lot about evolution. I am a born-again Christian. Is it wrong that I believe that God allowed evolution? Is it a metaphor that Adam was created from dust? Could that mean that Man evolved from micro-organisms?
    Original Code RE115. Click here to see responses from the original archives. Click "to respond" below to reply.

User Detail :  

Name : Marc22351, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Born-again Christian, Age : 26, City : Columbus, State : OH Country : United States, 

Rico
    As Christians, we believe that everything in the Bible is absolute truth. And the Bible tells us that God created man in His image. That leaves no interpretation for evolution. I have done lots of reading on Evolution vs. Creation, and I've also had lots of evolution theory drilled into me in almost every college class. Evolution is less believable than creation. Do you realize that there is absolutely NO evidence for evolution? Not only that, but almost every theory that 'supports' evolution can be refuted. Many research institutes around the world are offering thousands of dollars to anyone who can produce a shred of evidence for evolution, and they have yet to get any takers. There's a great book that you should check out: The Collapse of Evolution by Scott M. Huse. This should change your view on evolution.

User Detail :  

Name : Rico, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Religious Science, Age : 21, City : Buckhorn, State : NE Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Campbell McGregor
    Participant
    Give me the name and address of any research institution that is offering thousands of dollars to anyone who can produce a shred of evidence for evolution. This is one of the best offers I have had in years!

User Detail :  

Name : Campbell McGregor, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : asperger's syndrome, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 43, City : Glasgow, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : school crossing patroller, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

ShirleyAvery
    Participant
    I believe evolution and the Genesis story of creation can be compatible. The Bible does not need to be taken literally to be appreciated and the basis of faith. A lot of us are turned off by the notion that one must choose between science and religion. God gave us intellect & curiosity. We're not sheep. Just Curious

User Detail :  

Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Dot
    Participant
    Ergo, most Christian sects do allow for the idea that God guided the evolutionary process. This is what those believers call Intelligent Design. The bottom line is that if the US allows fringe religious beliefs to guide our science education we will soon fall dangerously behind the rest of the world. Is this really what your God wants?

User Detail :  

Name : Dot, Gender : Female, Age : none, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

ShirleyAvery
    Participant
    Science and religion are not incompatible. I have faith in God, but faith does not mean ignoring scientific facts. God gave us minds to understand the world He created to make it better. That's why we have eradicated polio and other diseases with scientific research. The bible condones slavery. Do you believe that's OK? There are specific laws on how to treat slaves, but it doesn't condemn slavery. the bible also clearly states that adulterer's should be stoned to death. Did you or your leaders demand that Jimmy Swaggert, Jim Bakker and other adulterous Evangelical leaders be killed that way? If not, you are not living by a literal interpretation of the bible. There is a big difference between accepting the bible as Absolute Truth versus Literal Truth. Can you or your

User Detail :  

Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.