The Claws Clause

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tony24178
    Participant
    Why do women wear fake nails? I have been seeing this for the last few years, first on performers on stage, then on a lot of black women, and now on a lot of white women. The answer I get 95 percent of the time is 'because everyone else is wearing them.' Very, very few men like to see them, and they are not attractive. To me, women today are trying to be independent, but they seem to all want to look the same, and if they are not wearing the fake nails, other women seem to put pressure on them to wear them. I would think women would want to show their natural beauty, especially their hands. So why pay so much for something that looks fake?
    Original Code GE78. Click here to see responses from the original archives. Click "to respond" below to reply.

User Detail :  

Name : Tony24178, Gender : M, Race : Black/African American, Age : 43, City : Cincinnati, State : OH Country : United States, 

Wendi M.
    I have had a really hard time breaking the habit of biting my nails. I wear fake ones so I don't bite the real ones. It's like I know in my mind that they're fake, so I don't bite them. Then, when my real nails grow a little, I take off the fake ones.

User Detail :  

Name : Wendi M., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Satanist, Age : 28, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Office Manager, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Chelsea32304
    Participant
    Everyone wears fake nails for different reasons, in my opinion. I wear them because they are fun. Running my nails up and down my boyfriend's chest and back, now that is fun for him, but what that makes him do ... well, that is fun for me.

User Detail :  

Name : Chelsea32304, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, City : Lakewood, State : CO Country : United States, 

Sarah
    Participant
    I've only worn fake nails once, for my wedding. My real nails are really short, and I break them alot, they generally look pretty awful...and so the only reason I got fake nails, was so they'd look nice and presentable. I'm not, sure, but I think the reason most women do it is because it's so much harder to keep real nails. They Break easier, they're slow to grow, etc, etc. And Fake nails don't have to be incredibly long, or blatantly fake...most of the people I know who wear them, wear them very well, and they look completely natural.

User Detail :  

Name : Sarah, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : na, Disability : na, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 21, City : Swannanoa, State : NC Country : United States, Occupation : Crew at a pizza place, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.