Term for male-identified women?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Crystal
    Is there a term for women (for instance, Camille Paglia, Ayn Rand and so on) who disdain other women and prefer to kiss up to the patriarchal/male establishment, analogous to the black expression 'Uncle Tom' for sellouts and self-loathers?

User Detail :  

Name : Crystal, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 30's, City : Oakland, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Office manager/writer, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Steve27666
    Participant
    Good question! I haven't heard of one. Why don't you invent a name for this? While we are at it, I have a candidate term for the reverse - men who sell out and suck up to women - 'Phil Donahueism.'

User Detail :  

Name : Steve27666, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 44, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Corporate Cubicle Guy, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Ric-M30034
    Participant
    Let me get this straight: you want us to give you a derogatory term so you can ... what, exactly? Insult women you don't like or agree with? Not a chance.

User Detail :  

Name : Ric-M30034, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 30, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

onanov
    Participant
    An ex-girlfriend of mine would accuse me of this and say it's because of my A.A. (Alan Alda) degree.

User Detail :  

Name : onanov, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Unitarian, Age : 43, City : Iowa City, State : IA Country : United States, Occupation : Graphic Designer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

KC-Tate26529
    Participant
    How about 'Maury Povich-ism'?

User Detail :  

Name : KC-Tate26529, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, 
    I invented a phrase to describe women who seem to have no sympathy or empathy with other women who aren't in complete control of their lives. They seem to believe that any problems in a woman's life is that woman's complete responsibility and that all problems can be controlled and managed away. This is promoted as a brand of feminism. I call them the 'I can look after myself, so screw anyone one can't' brand of feminists. Not a good sound bite I know, but I find it accurate.

User Detail :  

Name : Trust no manager, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 35, City : Wellington, State : NA Country : New Zealand, Occupation : Librarian, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Leslie22897
    Participant
    I prefer the term 'bitch'

User Detail :  

Name : Leslie22897, City : Gainesville, State : FL Country : United States, 

Nenn
    Participant
    Sure there is hon, its this: right wing conservative women. Go to any militant anti-abortion site: the kind that believes in bombing abortion clinics and despises Hillary Clinton for being a hairy-legged lesbian. You'll find tons of women falling under the above category there.

User Detail :  

Name : Nenn, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Taoist, Age : 22, City : San Jose, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Julie
    Participant
    I've heard it called the 'Athena Complex', but I see nothing wrong with identifying with the other sex. We'd all be androgenous if we weren't so conditioned into gender roles.

User Detail :  

Name : Julie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 22, City : Nashville, State : TN Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Laurie
    I am taking a psyc course right now that deals directly with the male identified woman and guess what? They are called 'male-identified' women. Society instills upon women that to be happy they must be constantly giving and nurturing others and on another level instills upon women that this nurturing aspect is not valuable when they insist she buck up and act like a normal person (a man). It is called the double bind' where we as women feel we either relate to the female traits, male traits or feel we have to choose between the two (and swing back and forth). It is based on the Boverman et al Study - A group of people asked to fill out a survey on their perspective of what it meant to be a man and a woman through a series of predefined checklist of characteristics of each · A mature emotionally healthy man was aggressive, independent, objective, logical, adventurous, and self-confident · A mature socially competent woman was submissive, illogical, deceptive, modest, (funny how modesty is a synonym of submissive) and unable to separate feelings from ideas. · Basically well being for a woman meant being an unhealthy adult to opt for the traditional female role is to opt to be an inferior adult · Same with men – if they exhibit traditional characteristics of a woman they are labeled as less of a man · ‘Male Identified’ woman · fulfillment with identifying with men · faith in problem solving abilities · excels in traditional male skills · feels effective in society and valued at what they do · exudes self-confidence · not afraid to speak up · willing to take risks · seen as exceptional by men and viewed by women in a mixture of respect and contempt · See themselves as lacking female skills and do not wish to cultivate them · Deny and suppress female feelings · feel emotions are not valuable (info about selves) · Extremely confident in their ability to make it but crushed when have to ask for help · Usually need to evaluate their chosen path when crises in relationship · Problems occur when self confidence erodes · Dilemma – cannot look for comfort otherwise seen as weak, but humans need comfort

User Detail :  

Name : Laurie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, City : Calgary, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : management, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jack
    How about a term for women who are such feminazis they refer to it as 'kissing up to the patriarchal/male establishment?'

User Detail :  

Name : Jack, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 19, City : Oshkosh, State : WI Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

j21148
    Participant
    ...I have SEVERAL terms for these women, but this site has restrictions on profanity.

User Detail :  

Name : j21148, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 34, City : chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Healthcare, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.