Teenage boys pretending not to be virgins

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Juanita
    Participant
    Why do guys say they'e not virgins when they are? So many guys I know have sworn to be total players, but when we date them, they confess that they've never done it. Why don't they just admit it? Generally we prefer virgin guys who won't pressure us anyway.

User Detail :  

Name : Juanita, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 15, City : Auckland, State : NA Country : New Zealand, 

Rick29944
    Participant
    Sexual experience gives young males status among their peers. Some of them are willing to lie in order to gain such status.

User Detail :  

Name : Rick29944, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, City : Springfield, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

D-Poet31804
    Participant
    It is up to a boy's individual personality. Some are proud to proclaim they're virgins, while others won't admit it. I would suggest holding off for a long while before getting into sexual intercourse. It comes with its own joys and consequences. You're still young, have fun with your life.

User Detail :  

Name : D-Poet31804, Gender : M, Age : 16, City : Anywhere, State : NA Country : Everywhere, 

Matt
    Participant
    Many male teenagers seem to regard not having gotten laid as some sort of failure. There's a widespread 'Everyone's doing it' perception - no doubt fueled by a fair number of those who aren't pretending they are - which makes guys think that it's expected that they have had sex. And I wouldn't be surprised if it's also partly to assert that they are not gay, given that in many high schools accusing a boy of homosexuality is a common taunt.

User Detail :  

Name : Matt, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 25, City : Oxford, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : Engineer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Bri
    Participant
    No matter what the tabloids, media, and peers say, the stage in which you wish you weren't a virgin will pass. In middle school and high school it's cooler to be 'experienced' in any sense of the word. Once college hits, it's more important to be an 'individual.' With maturity comes respect from peers (even those people who you never thought would look at your twice). Patience is a virtue... and one of the hardest things in the world to have.

User Detail :  

Name : Bri, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Age : 23, City : Albany, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Counselor/Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Carl19233
    Participant
    Quite simply, males are ashamed to be virgins. In this day and age, society tells us that males always have an overriding desire for sex. (Which isn't true, but that's another issue.) Under this assumption, if you're still a virgin at too advanced an age, you're considered to be a pathetic loser, because obviously you've desired sex that entire time and been unable to get it. Or worse, you're considered gay. But when do you cross the line into loserdom? At 30? When you graduate college? The movie 'American Pie' shows four male high-school students who are ashamed to be virgins at 18, even though that's hardly abnormal. I get the impression that the age at which it's shameful to be a virgin has gone down in recent decades. Males who are nearing that threshhold without sexual experience don't have much reason to admit to it in front of the other guys, so it's easy for young men to get a false impression that their peers are all experienced. This lowers the threshhold further. You state that 'Generally we prefer virgin guys who won't pressure us anyway.' I suggest that the guys don't know this. Indeed, even if you told them so, they'd have a hard time believing it; it runs contrary to what they've been told by their peers and by the media. Plus, bear in mind that the prospect of sex - even if it's just distant, eventual sex - is the chief reason guys date. From that point of view, the idea that you 'prefer virgin guys' is dismally absurd, like saying that a particular store is your favorite place to shop, but you have never bought anything there and never intend to.

User Detail :  

Name : Carl19233, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Unitarian, Age : 34, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Michael20701
    Participant
    In my case, I couldn't figure out if I was or wasn't, largely because 'virgin' lacks a definition agreed upon by all (I've heard 'a person who hasn't had sex' and 'a person who hasn't penetrated'--different things); and the fact that I was relying on a memory which might have been false--indeed, one which I eventually came to conclude *was* false.

User Detail :  

Name : Michael20701, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : bi-curious (mostly straight), Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 20, City : Livingston, State : LA Country : United States, Occupation : undergrad, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Tom24119
    Participant
    Many teenage boys pretend not to be virgins purely becasue of peer pressure. To have to stand up and admit you are a virgin is like saying 'I am not good enough to bed a woman.' Most guys dont seem to realise that sometimes we would just like to wait for a girl we truely care about. I did and I'm not ashamed of that.

User Detail :  

Name : Tom24119, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 17, City : Torquay, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : Student, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Michael C
    Participant
    Peer pressure and machismo. Plain and simple.

User Detail :  

Name : Michael C, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 26, City : Tallahassee, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Law Enforcement, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    plain and simple, guys dont want people to know they havent had sex. they (or we) think our manhood is confirmed when we have sex so we would hate to be regarded as a 'boy' amongst our peers.

User Detail :  

Name : Zane McMillin, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 17, City : Lansing, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

forrest patterson
    Participant
    I'm not a virgin. I've gotten lucky several times but it was always their choice. the legend is that teenage boys respect and admire their peers who are that lucky. this is not true. most of my friends are either disgusted or laugh and don't believe me.

User Detail :  

Name : forrest patterson, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : native american, Religion : Native American, Age : 17, City : las cruces, State : NM Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.