Talk shows and perversion

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

GARY
    I am so glad that you brought up that name. For the life of me, I can't understand what people see in Laura Schlessinger. She is the biggest baffoon in the entire entertainment world. An average of 30 seconds of 1 side of a story, and she gives advice to people on how they should govern their lives. Why do people even listen to her. To try and address your question, I think Laura is worse than a sensationalist. She really believes that she has all of the answers and sees herself as an icon of wisdom. The truth is that she really doesn't say anything to her listeners that they couldn't figure out on their own. The sad part is that she has become such a big 'Dear Abby' that even the religous world has exploited her as a means to boost membership for various congregations (which makes me terribly ashamed).

User Detail :  

Name : GARY, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Jewish, Age : 38, City : Los angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : professional, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Anita M.
    Participant
    The ever-popular 'Dr. Laura' prides herself on the use of course language, e.g. 'knocked up,' 'shacking up,' 'screwing,' etc. I feel she throws open a forum for people to air all their perverted trash over the mid-day air. Sometimes I feel that it is contrived for either sensationalism or a bent on bashing. Is airing all this garbage good for society - or just for those making a buck off it?

User Detail :  

Name : Anita M., Gender : F, Age : 56, City : Kissimmee, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Retired Teacher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Dan31693
    Participant
    For the most part, I think Dr. Laura is whack. But as far as the coarse language thing, that's how my dad always talked to me when I slipped up. Sometimes such language is necessary to really drive something home, although I don't believe in the use of the F-word and whatnot. If my dad would have tried to get all sensitive like Dr. Spock reccomends, I would have laughed at him. As it is, he would chew me out like the crusty ol' man he is, and I would promptly straighten out (or at least do my darndest to hide my inequities better).

User Detail :  

Name : Dan31693, Gender : M, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Pentecostal Christian, Age : 21, City : L.A. area, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Barb23464
    Participant
    People like to air their opinions, no matter if they're 'right or wrong' just as long as someone is listening. Personally if I don't like what I hear, I don't listen to it...it's that easy. If I have rights for freedom of speech, then so does Joe Blow...and I'd protect those rights with everything I have.

User Detail :  

Name : Barb23464, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 32, City : Santa Clara, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Finance, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

zino
    personally i think that in today's world alot more things are acceptable, such as 'course language'...i also think that those who dont like a program should stop complaining about it and just flip the channel...i was always tought that the US was a free country, but with so many rules limiting what people can and cant do/say/be/act like...its starting to not feel so free... -zino

User Detail :  

Name : zino, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 20, City : spokane, State : WA Country : United States, Occupation : USAR, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.